Looking for that all-star zucchini chip recipe? This Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer Zucchini Chips recipe is a must make. A tender zucchini that is coated in panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Eat as is, or dip in some ranch dressing for the perfect snack.
Zucchini is something that if you grow in your garden you always tend to have an abundance. One summer I was getting creative with how we ate our zucchini and I tried this recipe out. You guys, it is a game-changer! You have that crunchy outside with a tender and flavorful zucchini center. We snack on these now all year round.
Loving your Ninja Foodi so far? Make sure you check out my Ninja Foodi Garlic Fries and these delicious Ninja Foodi Crispy Buffalo Wings. Better yet check out these incredible Air Fryer Garlic and Parmesan Green Bean Fries.
The Best Ninja Foodi Zucchini Chips
The reason why I opt for my Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer when making zucchini chips is that you get that crunchy outside without all the deep-fried grease. Both methods heat with high heat that gets circulated, so it hits the chips at all angles and cooks up the chips so they get nice and crispy on the outside and stay tender and moist inside.
I tossed out my deep fryer years ago, and I am so thankful I did. I now use my Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi anytime I get that deep-fried cravings. It gives me the same textures as deep-fried without all the extra oil and empty carbs.
Tips for Making Zucchini Chips in Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
- Single Layer | Make sure that when you lay out your zucchini in the basket, it is a single layer. You may have to cook multiple batches, but trust me, if they overlap they will not get as crispy as you want.
- Spritz With Oil | As you can see in my recipe I spray my zucchini during the baking process, this will help crisp them up and offer a golden brown color to the tasty chips.
- Serve Right Away | These chips are best when served hot out of the basket. Why, because zucchini will sog up after it sits for a while. Pair with a marinara sauce or ranch and dive in.
- Cut Evenly | Do your best to make each slice of zucchini similar in size. The reason being is you want it to cook evenly, and each bite offers that same crunchy consistent texture. If you do big and small some will be overcooked and others undercooked.
How Do You Air Fry Zucchini Chips
Create a simple wash that you dip your zucchini in followed by panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Cook up until nice and crispy. I share my exact recipe below that is tried and true.
I absolutely love this recipe and I think you will too. Try this recipe and let me know what you think. The perfect side to grilled hamburgers, appetizer, or snack to make for a treat.
The most delicious Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer Zucchini Chips that your kids will ask for again and again.
- 1 zucchini medium size, cut into chips
- 1 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil Spray
- Slice zucchini, on the thinner side
- In a small bowl, scramble the egg.
- In another bowl, add the panko bread crumbs & parmesan cheese. Mix to combine.
- Gently dip the zucchini slices into the egg mixture. Than dip into the panko crumb mixture and coat both sides. You can use your fingers to press the panko crumbs down so they stick better.
- Spray your crisper basket with Olive Oil Spray.
- Place zucchini coins in a single layer into your basket. Spray tops of the slices with oil spray. Close the crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temp to 400 degrees, set the time to 12 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, flip your zucchini slices and spray the tops with olive oil. (Be careful when flipping to not touch the edges of your crisper basket, it will be HOT)
- Cook the remaining 4 minutes and ENJOY!