Sharing is caring!
Valentine’s Chex Mix is a sweet and crunchy caramel Chex that is drizzled with chocolate. So easy, delicious, and highly addictive!
This is not your ordinary Chex Mix. Besides for how beautiful they are, these are the most delicious decadent little bundles of caramel heaven.
Valentine’s Chex Mix
I may have just found heaven! Everyone loves Chex Mix!! This is not your ordinary Chex Mix.
Besides for how beautiful they are, these are the most delicious decadent little bundles of caramel heaven. They are super easy to make and all of the fun is in the decorating. Get your sprinkles ready and let’s make our true loves some super sweet treats!
These are dipped in LOVE and served from the heart. Anyone that is gifted these delicious treats will know how much they are loved.
Dipped in pure caramel heaven, sprinkled and ready to be drizzled with pink chocolate
After drizzling in chocolate you can add some more sprinkles and conversation hearts as your final touch
How To Melt Chocolate
Now, if you have an Instant Pot I highly recommend using it as a double boiler! It works so easy and never overheats the chocolate!
But if you want, you can use the microwave as I did originally when I made this recipe! In a microwave-safe container microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave.
Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better.
You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
Looking for more Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Strawberry Honey Butter | Strawberry butter that has a sweet strawberry and honey flavor in every bite. Spread on bread, bagels and more.
- Valentine White Chocolate Fudge | This white chocolate fudge is velvety and full of sweet white chocolate. Sprinkled with red and pink for a colorful look.
- Valentine’s Crack | Toffee and sweet chocolate collide in this easy dessert recipe. A classic Christmas dessert with a twist.
How to Store Valentine’s Day Chex
After your Chex is fully dry you can then transfer to an airtight bag or container. I stored mine on the counter and it worked great! You can store it for around a week.
Because of the caramel it shortens the shelf life. Just make sure before you put it up it has time to dry and cool.
If you put it up too fast it can create condensation in container and it will spoil faster.
When To Serve Caramel Chex
- School parties
- After school snack
- Weeknight dessert
- Mid-day treat
- Parties and events
I don’t make this Chex have a reason to be made. Anytime we crave it I whip it up! Like I said earlier it is so hard to resist!
Can I Use A Different Chocolate To Drizzle
Truly any kind of chocolate will work. White chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet! If you don’t use candy melts I suggest adding a teaspoon of shortening in with chocolate as you melt.
It will help the chocolate harden up faster and not be so messy when you go to eat it!
So if you are looking for a simple no bake Valentine’s Day dessert, give this Chex a try!
After drizzling in chocolate you can add some more sprinkles and coversation hearts as your final touch
In a microwave-safe container microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
For more recipes go HERE
- 5 Cups Chex Mix Cereal
- 11 oz caramels, 1 Bag
- 1 TBSP Milk
- 1/4 Cup Pink Chocolate Melts
- Conversation Hearts
- Melt Caramels and milk in a large bowl for one minute to start. Pull from microwave and stir. Melt another 30 seconds and pull to stir again. Do in 30 second intervals until caramels are melted and creamy. You can add more milk if you think necessary to get a nice smooth texture.
- Immediately add your chex mix. You may want to adjust the amount that you add in, so add about a cup at a time. I like mine covered well in caramel. Stir gently so you don't crush your chex mix.
- Once covered well in caramel, place on a piece of wax paper.
- Add some sprinkles quickly before caramel starts to harden.
- Melt pink chocolate melts, follow my chocolate melting instructions above.
- Drizzle chocolate over your chex mix. Than add more sprinkles and conversation hearts to your masterpiece and allow plenty of time to harden. Once its nice and firm you can break into smaller bite sized pieces.
Sharing is caring!