Instant Pot Spaghetti And Meatball Soup
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatball Soup is my favorite way to enjoy pasta night in our home. 4 minute cook time in the pressure cooker, and a savory and hearty dish to serve the family.
Spaghetti and meatball soup is a recipe to make on those nights where you want minimal effort on preparing supper. This soup practically cooks itself!
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatball Soup
We are soup eaters! But I will be honest, we can get bored of the same soups over and over again. So I am on a mission to make new savory soups to add to my recipe list for winter!
What Type of Meatballs Do You Use For Spaghetti and Meatball Soup
Quality meatballs is key! I bought frozen meatballs that are quality in ingredients used and the flavor is always delicious.
The meatballs are a main focal point of the recipe, so if you use cheap meatballs that aren’t great in flavor your soup will show.
Can I Make Homemade Meatballs For Spaghetti Soup
Yes. You can, I just recommend cooking them up, then tossing them into the freezer to get them nice and hard. Then using them in this soup.
Meatballs can be super tender and the pressure cooker could break down the fresh meatballs as they cook.
Or you could cook with everything but homemade meatballs and then stir them in at the end. Give them maybe a few minutes sitting in Soup to help soak up flavor.
What Pasta Sauce Is Best For Spaghetti and Meatball Soup
You can use jar pasta sauce or mix in homemade. I keep jar sauce on hand at all times! It is wonderful to have for quick meals you want to throw together in minutes!
Can I Use Chicken Broth Instead of Beef Broth
Sure. Feel free to swap to a chick or vegetable broth if you need. It will adjust the flavor of the dish a bit, but it will work.
What to Serve With Meatball and Spaghetti Soup
- Salad | This will help lighten up the meal. You could do a classic green salad, chopped or even a Caesar!
- Garlic Bread | Garlic bread, breadsticks, are both great for dipping into the soup! We love pairing with some type of bread.
- Veggies | Pair with a side of vegetables if you want. Broccoli, corn, etc.
Serve this soup however your heart desires!
How Long Does This Pasta Soup Store In Fridge
Store this Instant Pot Soup in the fridge for up to 3 days. Anything after use your best judgement on if the soup is still good.
How to Reheat Spaghetti Meatball Soup
Reheat by the bowl in the microwave, or pot to warm up the whole pot. I tend to place on stove top and slowly Reheat stirring often.
I find the next day this soup has even more flavor. As all the juice and flavor soaks into the pasta and meatballs.
Instant Pot Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Soups are seriously as easy as you will get. This recipe offers a fast cook time, little prep, and a savory and hearty meal that is kid-friendly!
- 2 TBSP Chopped diced onions
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 6 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 24 oz Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Package Frozen Meatball (I used a good quality 28 oz bag)
- 8 oz broken spaghetti (I break mine into 3 pieces)
- Saute the onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add in beef broth, spaghetti sauce, meatballs, and broken spaghetti pieces. Give spaghetti a little push down so it is covered under the broth.
- Manual High pressure for 4 min. When cooking cycle ends do a quick release.
- Give soup a good stir. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 153 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 1493mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g