Instant Pot No-Boil Stuffed Shells in a simple but satisfying Instant Pot Pasta recipe that’s kid-approved.
When I tell you how easy this recipe is, you will not believe me! No-boil stuffed shells has now become the only way to make stuffed shells in our home. It is a whole lot of deliciousnes without all the hassel.
What Is Instant Pot No Boil Stuffed Shells
This recipe is where you buy shells that require being boiled in water. But because of our magic pot, we will not be boiling ours. With the help of spaghetti sauce and pure magic, we do not need to waste the time or dirty a pot to cook the shells.
If you have ever made stuffed shells before, you know how messy and tedious is can be.
What Type of Sauce Do You Use To Make these No-Boil Pasta Shells
Any sauce that you like works! You can pull out your favorite homemade sauce, or reach for your favorite brand in a jar. Both taste great it is all about your preference!
What Is The Filling In Stuffed Shells
I went with the classic ricotta cheese mixture that is know for stuffed shells. Cheesy, creamy delight with that mix of pasta sauce.
How Does Cheese Melt on Top
Once my shells are done cooking I will sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and then place the lid back on top. Closing the lid will allow the cheese to slowly begin to melt.
If you want that golden brown look, simply transfer shells and sauce to baking dish. Pop in oven on broil and heat for a minute of two until golden brown on top. But Look at this deliciousness, it really is not necessary.
Can I Add Meat To My Instant Pot Stuffed Shells
Yes. You can add in cooked ground beef, sausage of a blend of both. Or if you don’t want meat, then skip it!
You can mix meat with the ricotta mix for stuffing, or mix with pasta sauce that pours over the pasta. Either route works.
What to Pair With Stuffed Shells
Stuffed shells are versatile and I want to help you find ways to create a classic meal everyone can enjoy.
- Salad | Serve up a salad with a vinaigrette dressing or your favorite type of dressing.
- Vegetables | Many home’s serve pasta with vegetables. Corn, broccoli, carrots, etc.
- Bread | Garlic bread, breadsticks, or even bread and butter!
Or skip all the sides and eat this as a meal in one. It is up to you.
The no boil stuffed shells is truly a game changing meal for me. If you are a busy mom, newborn just arrived, or looking for easy Instant Pot Meals, this recipe is a 10 out of 10.
Have you ever made Instant Pot Stuffed Shells?
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 (8 oz) bags mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 oz box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- CHEESE FILLING Mix together, ricotta cheese, 1 bag shredded mozzarella, & egg. Mix well. Scoop the mixture into a Ziploc bag with one corner cut
- Pipe mixture into uncooked shells.
- Add 2 cups of water. Layer shells in your pot, cheese side facing up.
- Pour your sauce on top of your shells. Try to cover a bit of all uncooked shells.
- Put lid on your pot. Turn to sealing position.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 7 minutes. Lock lid and make sure vent is closed. When coking time ends, Do a quick release.
- Open the lid. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the top of your shells. Put your lid back on and just let it sit for 2-3 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Serve & ENJOY! Give your magic pot a little kiss. 🙂
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 89mg Sodium: 1038mg Carbohydrates: 47g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 23g