Incredibly Easy Instant Pot Cherry Jam
Making jam in your instant pot is such an easy delicious treat. The consistency is a bit thinner than traditionally made jams. Yummy!
Can I Use Frozen Cherries For Instant Pot Cherry Jam
You can use frozen cherries to replace to fresh. If you have bigger pieces of cherries you can allow it to thaw and then chop them up a bit so you don’t have big pieces in your jam.
Can I Double or Triple The Cherry Jam Recipe
You can. Just make sure that you don’t go over the fill line on your Instant Pot. Cook for the same amount of time as directed below.
How to Store Cherry Jam
Place in a cool dark place like your pantry or basement, or store in the fridge. We generally eat it so fast that it doesn’t last that long and once open it needs to be stored in the fridge.
Can You Freeze Cherry Jam
You bet! Make a big batch and spoon jam into the individual jars. Allow them to cool at room temperature and then place in the freezer. Once you are ready to eat, thaw in the fridge the night before.
One big thing is to allow room at the top of the jar to allow the jam to expand as it freezes. If you overfill your jars you will end up with a massive mess.
Ways to Serve Cherry Jam
- Spread on bread, English muffins, bagels, etc.
- Top your yogurt with a dollop of jam
- Use as a filling for cupcakes
- Spoon into a smoothie
- Spread on crackers with cream cheese and jam
- Dollop onto cheesecake
- Make sweet rolls or fruit squares
There are endless ways to enjoy this fresh cherry jam. Nothing beats a homemade cherry jam, and this recipe stands out from all other recipes out there.
How to Pit a Cherry Easily
Invest in the Oxo Brand Cherry Pitter, it makes it simple for pitting cherries. Place your cherry in the pitter, push and watch the seed come right out. So simple. You can find a handful of styles to choose from.
If you use your hand you will end up with stained fingernails for sure.
Fresh Cherry Jam for Summer
Soon you will see cherries out on the shelves in the produce department at your local grocery stores. Make sure to pick up extra bags to make a batch or two of cherry jam.
We are super happy to share this recipe with you. It is so simple to make and really adds a bold and colorful flavor to indulge in this summer. Let me know what you all think of this recipe!
If you plan on keeping your jam for a while, you will want to practice safe canning methods. Since I am not a experienced canner, I do recommend that you read up on Home Canning: Keep Your Family Safe!
This Instant Pot Cherry Jam is so delicious and sweet, it is a touch of heaven on top of your toast. Delicious over yogurt and ice cream too!
- 1/2 cup Honey (up to 1 cup for sweeter)
- 1 lb. fresh cherries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 package pectin
- Clean, pit, and roughly chop your cherries.
- Place your instant pot on sauté. Add in the honey, and allow to melt, about 2 minutes. Turn off pot.
- After the honey has melted, add in the cherries, juice of one half of a lemon, and pectin powder. Stir cherries to combine all ingredients.
- Turn your pot back on, and set to high pressure for 5 minutes. Place the lid on, closet he valve, and press start.
- After the 5 minutes is over, allow to naturally release, after about 10 minutes, if you cannot open the top, open the valve and allow the rest of the pressure to release.
- Add the jam into jars and properly seal. Place upside down until they cool completely. Place in a cool dark place or your fridge
**Keep in mind: your jam will thicken as it cools, so don’t add in more pectin than mentioned above **
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Carbohydrates: 10gSugar: 9g