It is true that some people are more tasty to mosquitoes than others. I often wondered this as I was getting mauled by mosquitoes. Over the counter bug spray is not an option for us so I have used essential oils to keep the mosquitoes at bay. I have had great success using essential oils and this DIY Essential Oils Bug Repellent Spray was created in desperation to give my equally delicious son some relief that could be kept in his backpack.
If you would like a yard version of this, you are in luck. I have that too. I created these Bug Repellent Mason Jar Luminaries to help you enjoy your yard more. I could not be any more miserable than when I am trying to enjoy our yard and the beautiful weather only to be eaten alive.
DIY Essential Oils Bug Repellent Spray
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 10-15 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 10-15 drops citronella essential oil
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil
- 10-15 drops patchouli essential oil
- 2-3 drops Argan oil
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- Step 1: Add witch hazel to bowlStep 2: Add distilled water to bowlSteps 3-6: Add essential oils to bowlStep 7: Add Vitamin E oilStep 8: Add Argan oil
Step 9: Mix ingredients together
Step 10: Pour mixture into spray bottle.
Step 11: Spray before heading out into nature 😊 Re-apply as necessary. This oil is safe for all skin types. For kids under 10, decrease drops of essential oils from 10-15 to 5.
Here are some other great uses for Essential oils on the blog.