Harvest Trail Mix is a sweet and savory trail mix that you can whip up in minutes. Colorful, tasty, and a fun and creative fall-inspired trail mix for young and old.
I could go on all day about how this is my absolute favorite time of year. I love everything about it. I love the leaves changing colors and falling. I love fires burning in the fireplace while I work. I love seeing my kids excited for all the holidays. I LOVE candy corn!! I love it all. The colors, the scents, the sounds, the crisp air. I LOVE candy corn! See a pattern developing?
Harvest Trail Mix
This Harvest Trail Mix is a combination of everything I love. My kids can not wait to get their hands into it and with the sweet and salty mix of nuts, pretzels, and some sweet treats, it is definitely a snack I do not mind them having.
While some love a Chex Trail Mix, I love a Harvest Mix that features Bugles as the sweet and savory component. Talk about yum!
How Do You Store This Homemade Trail Mix
You will want to store your trail mix in an airtight container at room temperature. It will last for around a week. If you store it properly you will be able to enjoy the crisp and sweet flavor in every bite.
Can I Change Up Ingredients
Of course, if you don’t like something leave it out. Feel free to change up the ingredients to fit exactly what you want.
- Corn Chex
- Honeycomb Cereal
- Dried Cranberries or Raisins
- Caramel chips
- Mini Reese’s Pieces
- Pecans or Walnuts
- White chocolate chips
As you can see you have many options to piece together a harvest hash mix that you and your family love.
Creative Ways to Serve Up Harvest Mix
- Buy single-serve snack bags and fill up with this mix, and then add a little label.
- You could grab little brown bags and roll down the tops, and then pour it in for a fun snack bag.
- Get a little cellophane bag and use that to create goodie bags with a harvest mix. Add some ribbon and you have personalized bags.
- Pour into a big bowl and add a scoop for people to scoop on a plate or bowl as an appetizer with all your other goodies.
School parties, play dates, after school snacks, or co-worker snack party. There is truly not a wrong time to whip this recipe up. I have even made this for Thanksgiving and everyone gobbles it up.
I am always on the hunt for quick, fun and easy snack mixes, and I wanted to share my creation with all of you! Give it a try and leave me a comment on what you think.
- 1 Bag Original Bugles
- 1 Bag Caramel Bugles
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
Cup Candy Pumpkins
- 1/2 Cup Reese's Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 1 Cup Mixed Nuts/trail mix
- Mix all the ingredients together. You can adjust the ingredients to fit your personal preference.