Cast Iron Skillet Bacon Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect pairing of sweet and savory in every single bite. Tender homemade cinnamon rolls that are topped with a decadent cream cheese frosting and salty bacon!
This pair perfectly with my instant pot caramelized onion, BACON and asparagus strata. This is the breakfast marriage proposals can be made from.
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
I am a sucker for homemade baked goods. If you are looking for the perfect cinnamon roll recipe, you just found it. Tender and fluffy dough, that really pairs so well with the bacon, cinnamon filling and frosted tops.
What If I Don’t Own A Cast Iron Skillet
No cast iron skillet? No problem. Simply use an oven safe pan that you can use and not have to worry about it burning the handle. Or you can use a baking dish as well if you prefer. I just love the flavor and look of it being served on a cast iron skillet.
How to Make Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
Step 1: The first step in making these yeast cinnamon rolls is to work over the base dough. I share the full instructions for this in the printable recipe card below.
Step 2: Once your dough is ready you will roll it out into a large rectangle that is around 10” x 20” and then sprinkle your cinnamon roll filling leaving some edge space.
Step 3: Roll up your dough tightly, and then slice into about 7 rolls. Place them on a greased cast iron pan or baking dish. Cover with a tea towel and let it sit for 30 minutes to rise more.
Step 4: While the rolls are rising, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then bake rolls for 20 minutes or until slightly golden and cooked through.
Step 5: Now you can work on cooking up your bacon and chopping it small. Then move on to make the cream cheese frosting.
Once your cinnamon rolls have cooled a bit, pour frosting over and spread. Then top with the bacon pieces. Slice and serve these incredible homemade rolls.
Can I Add Bacon Into The Filling Of Rolls
Sure, if you want to have even more bacon flavor go right ahead. Just make sure your bacon is fully cooked, and then add in a little to the cinnamon sugar mixture you sprinkle before rolling up your cinnamon rolls.
Variations To Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- Do a maple glaze in exchange to a cream cheese frosting
- Consider making these like a sticky bun with nuts then topping with bacon once cooked
- Skip the bacon if you don’t want it, and just serve up plain cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting
Storing Cinnamon Rolls
Since these rolls have a cream cheese frosting they will need to be stored in the fridge. Just place in a proper container and then store for around 4-5 days max.
The rolls will dry out as they set. You can also freeze them if you would like. The cinnamon rolls can store for about 2-3 months. The bacon will change a bit in the texture but still taste great.
For anther delicious recipe try out these Blueberry Sweet Rolls.
Delicious Cast Iron Skillet Bacon Cinnamon Rolls are one of the most delicious blends of salty and sweet.
- 1 cup milk, 105 degrees
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 5 strips bacon, crumbled finely
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, stir yeast into milk, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in eggs, sugar, butter, and salt,
- Add flour to a large mixing bowl and pour milk mixture over it.
- Mix until well combined, then let rise for about an hour.
- In a separate bowl add filling ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle, roughly 10” x 20”, and evenly sprinkle filling mix over the top.
- Roll along the long edge, and cut into 7 rolls. Place the cut rolls in an oiled cast iron pan, let rise for another 30 minutes.
- In a 350 degree oven, bake the rolls for 20 minutes.
- While baking, mix the frosting ingredients together in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 10. Top each roll with a scoop of frosting, finished with coarsely chopped bacon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 815Saturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 689mgCarbohydrates: 111gFiber: 2gSugar: 56gProtein: 13g