These Cast Iron Skillet Bacon Cinnamon Rolls are such a delicious combination of salty and sweet. I can not think of a better matching of sweet cinnamon cream cheese frosting with the salty of bacon. OMG is all I can say!
These Cast Iron Skillet Bacon Cinnamon Rolls are just what I need to drag my tired body out of bed on the weekends. These are perfect for any weekend breakfast, brunch, special breakfast in bed, pretty much name a reason and these Cast Iron Skillet Bacon Cinnamon Rolls are PERFECT!
This pair perfectly with my instant pot caramelized onion, BACON and asparagus strata. This is the breakfast marriage proposals can be made from.
Delicious Cast Iron Skillet Bacon Cinnamon Rolls are one of the most delicious blends of salty and sweet.
- 1 cup milk, 105 degrees
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 5 strips bacon, crumbled finely
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, stir yeast into milk, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in eggs, sugar, butter, and salt,
- Add flour to a large mixing bowl and pour milk mixture over it.
- Mix until well combined, then let rise for about an hour.
- In a separate bowl add filling ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle, roughly 10” x 20”, and evenly sprinkle filling mix over the top.
- Roll along the long edge, and cut into 7 rolls. Place the cut rolls in an oiled cast iron pan, let rise for another 30 minutes.
- In a 350 degree oven, bake the rolls for 20 minutes.
- While baking, mix the frosting ingredients together in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 10. Top each roll with a scoop of frosting, finished with coarsely chopped bacon.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 815 Saturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 124mg Sodium: 689mg Carbohydrates: 111g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 56g Protein: 13g