Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup is a pantry-approved recipe. If you are wanting to use staple kitchen ingredients then try my 15 bean soup recipe.
I used leftover ham, Rotel, broth and created a rich and filling dinner the whole family enjoyed.
Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup
Pair with a buttered slice of cornbread or bread and butter and ring that dinner bell!
Meat For 15 Bean Soup
So many recipes use ham, ham hocks, ham bones, or even ham steaks. You could quite easily swap ham in replace of ground beef on this recipe.
While it changes the flavor it will still be insanely flavorful. It might remind you and ham and beans.
You could also swap ground beef for ground turkey, sausage or even diced chicken. This recipe is insanely versatile to clean out your fridge and pantry.
What Is 15 Bean Soup
In your dried beans and rice section at your grocery store you will find a bag of mixed beans called 15 beans.
This mix is dried beans that offer an assortment. Tons of flavor, and one of my favorites to serve up for added nutrients and protein.
You can add in meat like I did to create more flavor, or do a meatless dish that will still fill you up.
What Kinds of Beans Are in 15 Beans Bag
Depending on the brand and area you live in the bag might vary a bit. But in general this Bean mix contains navy beans, Lima beans, kidney, lentils, garbanzo and so many more.
All the beans come together for one insanely flavorful dish.
Can You Cook Ground Beef From Frozen In Instant Pot
Yes you sure can! If you go here to this post, you can learn how to cook ground beef frozen in instant pot.
I never remember setting meat out so I use this method when I plan to cook a meal with ground beef.
Do You Soak Beans
When working with dry beans you will find it is always beneficial to rinse your beans. Even though they are packaged rinsing is a great way to remove any debris or things on your beans.
Once I get them rinsed I run fresh water and let them soak. I find it can help speed up the cooking process a bit. And it helps ensure you get plump and tender beans.
How To Store Leftover Bean Soup
I am the type that always thinks soups are more flavorful the next day. With your leftover soup, place in proper container and store in the fridge for up to three days.
You can freeze leftover soup if you would like. It can freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before you plan to reheat.
So if you have a bag of these beans, whip this up. It is such a quick and easy meal to toss in the Instant Pot and let it handle the rest. Then stir and serve an incredible meal.
Instant Pot 15 Bean Soup is a pantry-approved recipe. If you are wanting to use staple kitchen ingredients then try my 15 bean soup recipe
- 20 oz Bag of 15 Bean Soup
- 2 TBSP Minced Onion
- 2 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 Cups Carrots, chopped
- 1 Cups Celery, chopped
- 1 LB of Cubed Ham
- 1 10 oz Can Rotel
- 8 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 TBSP Butter
- Rinse & soak beans. (does not need to be for a super long time, just enough to clean and soak them a bit)
- Press Saute, high. Place in your butter.
- Add in onions and garlic. Saute a few minutes.
- Add in carrots and celery. Saute a few minutes.
- Add in the flavoring packet from your 15 bean soup. Saute a few minutes to blend the flavors with your vegetables.
- Add in the can of Rotel.
- Add in the beans and the beef broth. Make sure your beans are all submerged beneath the broth.
- Put your lid on. Move your toggle to sealing. PC for 50 minutes*. Do a natural release. You can safely release the remaining pressure after allowing your pot to sit for 15 minutes.
- Once you open the lid, add in your cubed ham and place the lid back on for a few minutes to just capture the heat and allow your ham to heat through.
- Serve immediately & Enjoy!
*depending on how long you left your beans in water after rinsing and the brand of beans you have, cook time may take longer. If your beans are not cooked enough to your liking, just recover the lid and pressure cook for an additional 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 2635mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 13gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g