I love hosting holidays and parties at my house. But lets face it with all the hustle and bustle of trying to do all the cooking sometimes we (I) fall a little short in the drink department. I always make sure I have some wine, various sodas, and sparkling cider. That pretty much is my norm. Well my norm is boring!! I can say it, I am allowed. LOL I hope my guests are not secretly thinking it but I suspect they may be. Well think it no more!! I have found my new go to party punch! This Slush Punch is super delish and super EASY to make. It also can be ready in advance in large quantities and just thawed before using. I love anything that does not add any more pressure to my day.
Remember this punch can be made well in advance and kept stored in your freezer. Freeze in proper sized containers in the freezer so you can take one out at a time as needed. I will be taking this punch out throughout the summer as a special treat for my boys on super hot days as well. Who needs a party as a reason to celebrate with a fancy drink?!
** Want to make this in an adult version.. Add Vodka of your choice.
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Pkg of Strawberry Gelatin, 3 ounces
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 Cups Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Can Frozen Lemonade concentrate, thawed (12 ounces)
- 1 Can Frozen Limeade concentrate, thawed (12 ounces)
- 2 Cups Cold Water
- 1 Liters Lemon-Lime Soda
- In a freezable container, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water.
- In a blender, blend pineapple juice and strawberries until well blended. Add to your gelatin mixture.
- Add in your thawed lemonade, thawed limeade, and cold water.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours before using.
- To use: remove from freezer 45 minutes before using. Pour equal amount of slush mixture with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with strawberries.
Adapted from Taste of Home, Church Potluck