We all love rice, and for that perfect lot cooked rice reach for the Instant Pot! I will share how to make Instant Pot Packaged Saffron Yellow Rice!
If you want to know how to make packaged yellow rice in your pressure cooker, today is the day!
Instant Pot Packaged Saffron Yellow Rice
I was at the store this week and saw the saffron yellow rice and thought I haven’t made that in forever! So I grabbed some and you know me, converted it to the Instant Pot!
Is Yellow Rice The Same As Saffron Rice
Yellow rice is basically white rice that is cooked with saffron and/or timer if you give it that bright yellow color. Saffron yellow rice is essentially the same thing.
You will find different ingredients for yellow rice recipes that can change up the flavor a bit.
Can You Cook Boxed Rice in Instant Pot
Yes! This recipe is specifically for the saffron yellow rice. I have found it is so fluffy and tender each and every time I have made it.
My kids went nuts for this recipe. I have since made it like 3 more times over the past two weeks!
What Does Saffron Rice Go With
I truly love saffron rice with chicken it is one of my favorites. I will also pair with pork chops or even pork tenderloin.
You will find this boxed saffron rice truly goes with so many recipes.
Is Saffron Rice Healthy
Saffron rice offers some nutrients but like all things it is best to eat in moderation. Rice has carbs and while that is not always bad you just want to ensure to not go overboard.
You can always pair with salad, steamed veggies, to help offer other nutrient rich food.
Interested in more Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- Broccoli Cheddar Chicken And Rice | I made this in my duo crisp, but you can always swap over to oven for cooking at the end. A tasty meal in one.
- Stick of Butter Rice | Here you have the famous stick of butter rice. Incredibly rich, savory and a favorite rice recipe in our home.
- Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice | Skip takeout and make your favorite rice at home. Fluffy and full of flavor!
How to Store Leftover Saffron Rice
If you have leftovers, simply place in an airtight container. Your rice will store for up to five days in the fridge when it is stored properly.
You can reheat in the microwave or opt to reheat on stove. If you heat on the stove I suggest adding a little water or chicken stock to help keep it moist as it reheats.
If you don’t add a little liquid it could dry out as you warm in a pan.
So if you are a fan of package saffron rice, try a new way to cook it! I think you will love the end result!
Check out what other incredible box items you can cook in your instant pot!
- 16 Ounce Bag Packaged Saffron Yellow Rice (I used Vigo)
- 3 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 TBSP Butter
- Pour water into your pot.
- Pour rice in.
- Use a spoon to push the rice under the water so its not floating on top.
- Lay butter slices on top. Close the lid.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes
- Do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure.
- Open your lid and fluff and mix your rice.