Instant Pot chicken and yellow rice is a tried and true recipe that has fed our family time and time again. Tender and juicy chicken, flavored rice, in one hearty dish. If you are looking for a beginner’s Instant Pot recipe this one fits the bill.
Having four boys has trained me to cook hearty meals. This is a delicious one-pot hearty meal. I love to serve it with a side salad and my boy’s demanding tummies are full.
Instant Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice
Stock up on chicken breasts and frozen vegetables every time they are on super sale prices so you can cook this any time. I love keeping chicken on hand in the freezer along with veggies. Then when I am left scratching my head on what to make, I know I have all the ingredients for this simple dinner dish.
Why You Will Love Chicken and Yellow Rice Recipe
- ONE POT. You read that right! All ingredients are cooked in one pot, in the Instant Pot.
- QUICK. This recipe is quick to cook, and minimal steps required.
- MINIMAL CLEANUP. Never heard a mom complain about minimal cleanup! One pot is it!
- DELICIOUS. Last but not least tender and fluffy rice, flavorful chicken, a dish even picky eaters enjoy.
What Is In Goya Sazon Seasoning
Sazon seasoning is a delicious seasoning that helps give this recipe a unique flavor. Cilantro, garlic, cumin, achiote, and salt and generally used in this Goya Sazon seasoning. It is great for seasoning soups and even lighter meat like chicken or fish.
What Can I Use Instead of Sazon Seasoning
If you can’t find Sazon in stores you are welcome to make your own. You might find that you have all or some of the seasonings already on hand. Here is a homemade Sazon Seasoning recipe.
What Type of Chicken Do You Use for Chicken And Yellow Rice
Generally, I use a boneless skinless chicken. I love to shred the chicken once it has finished cooking and then you get bits of chicken and rice in every single bite. If you use bone-in, you just won’t have that shredded aspect. I like to use bone-in if I make this on the skillet so I can brown the skin for a crispy texture.
What Is The Best Rice to Use for Yellow Rice and Chicken
You are welcome to use whatever rice you want. I like long grain rice or Jasmine, Basmati or even white. But you are welcome to experiment to find a flavor pairing you enjoy.
What To Serve With Yellow Rice and Chicken
Feel free to test out whatever sounds good for pairing. In a way, this is a full meal in one, but you are welcome to add in some extra sides.
How Long Does Chicken And Rice Last In Fridge
Store your leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. Anything longer you will want to toss it out in case it begins to go bad.
Give this easy chicken dinner recipe a try today and see how you and your family enjoy it. We love eating this recipe, it is a family favorite.
Do you like chicken and yellow rice?
This Instant Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice is a delicious one pot hearty meal. I love to serve it with a side salad for a complete and delicious meal.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Small yellow onion diced, or 2 TBSP frozen diced onions
- 2 Cups Rice
- 1 Cup frozen peas and carrots, or just peas
- 1 Cup frozen corn
- 2 Package Goya Sazon Seasoning
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth
- Season all to taste
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode.
- Once hot add olive oil and onions. Saute until onions are transulcent.
- Add in chicken broth, sazon seasoning, rice, peas & carrots, and corn.
- Lay chicken breasts on top.
- Secure the lid.
- Pressure cook for 8 minutes. Once it's done cooking, allow it to slowly depressurize for 10 minutes. Then release the sealing valve to vent any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and season chicken with season all., Break chicken into smaller pieces. Mix rice & Enjoy!