Instant Pot Stick of Butter Rice
Instant Pot Stick of Butter Rice is an incredible side dish you need to pair with your weeknight meal this week. A simple and easy side that you literally dump it in, set it, and then walk away. Pressure Cooker Stick of Butter Rice is my kind of side dish!
I love the classic version of the stick of butter rice where you cook in the oven. But, I wanted to venture out and see if I could have success with making it in my Instant Pot. It worked fantastically and I have been making my stick of butter rice in the Instant Pot for months now.
Instant Pot Stick of Butter Rice
If you are looking for a new side dish, give this recipe a try. Or maybe you want a starter recipe using your Instant Pot. Give this rice recipe a try, it is a foolproof recipe.
Can I Use Margarine In Replace of Butter for Stick of Butter Rice
No. The recipe requires you use real butter. The reason why you need butter is the rice will soak up the butter and add a richness to the fluffy rice. If you use margarine it will just become a greasy mess in your Instant Pot.
What Does Instant Pot Stick of Butter Recipe Use So Much Butter
The butter will really give you an incredible flavor. Don’t be scared of the butter. In the end, you will be thanking me for the best rice dish you have ever had! It is light, fluffy, tender rice that has been packed with incredible flavor.
What Is The Best Rice For Stick of Butter Rice
I love using long-grain rice such as white rice or Basmati. But you will find recipes for all types of rice. Just note that depending on the rice you use, will depend on the ratio of liquid needed, and an adjustment of cook time. Heartier kinds of rice like brown rice require more liquid and longer cook time.
What to Serve With Instant Pot Stick of Butter Rice
The beauty of the rice is the versatility. You can pair it with almost any main dish and it will taste incredible. Or if you want a meatless dish, you can do that as well.
- Chicken Recipes | Chicken always wins me over next to this rice. Whether it is an Instant Pot chicken recipe or baked chicken legs in the oven. It pairs beautifully.
- Pork | Pork chops, tenderloin and more pair with this rice. When you have a juicy slice of pork next to the rice it is so comforting. A great pairing for serving up to guests.
- Seafood | Fish works well next to this rice as well. Since the rice offers a richness it can help mellow out the flavor of a stronger fish.
- Beef | And lastly beef will work as well. I love pairing a steak next to this rice, or even plain hamburgers. We skip the buns and then eat it with rice.
How To Store Leftover Stick of Butter Rice
Place all leftovers in an airtight container and then toss in the fridge. You can store this rice 3-4 days and then use your best judgment after. To reheat pop in the microwave for a quick reheat. Or add some broth to the rice and warm it up on the stovetop.
Give this easy Instant Pot rice recipe a try today. You will love this simple and no-fail rice recipe.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 10 1/2 oz can Campbell's Beef Consume
- 10 1/2 oz can Campbell's condensed French Onion Soup
- 1/2 stick butter cut into slices
- Pour Rice into the instant pot.
- Pour in beef consume & French Onion Soup.
- Lay butter slices on top. Close the lid.
- Select Low Pressure or Rice Button
- Cook for 12 minutes on low pressure
- Do a quick release
**You can double this recipe if you like.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 261 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 156mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 13g