What if I told you Blue Raspberry slushies are so easy to make and you can always have everything on hand to make them? Your kids will have ear-to-ear smiles every time you make this simple blue raspberry slushie for them.
Blue Raspberry Slushie
My kids love it when I make special afterschool snacks for them, but sometimes they just take forever to make. That is why I am a huge fan of this blue raspberry slushie. It combines lemon-lime soda, a few drops of Crystal light, and ice to make a simple treat your kids will be begging for all the time. And the best news? They are ready in just 5 minutes or less!
The best part about these? They taste way better than the ones you can get at the fast-food restaurant and they are way more convenient too because you can make them at a moment’s notice. No more waiting for happy hour or searching the bottom of your purse for your loose change!
If you are looking for another fun drink perfect for the kids check out this cupid’s cocktail.
How to Make a Blue Raspberry Slushie
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Be sure you have a high powered blender. You need to get your slushie to the right consistency fast and your blender plays a huge roll in this.
- Get creative! This blue raspberry slushie is the perfect combination, but try some other fun flavors like strawberry, orange creamsicle, Cherry lime. The possibilities are endless.
- If you want a more creamy flavor you can use cream soda or you can add a splash of cream. (Highly recommend, it is so good!)
- Omit food coloring- I love adding a couple of drops of blue food coloring to really make these slushies pop! This is not needed at all, so feel free to omit if you want a more natural look to your smoothie.
A Blue Raspberry Shushie is one of those things you want to enjoy as soon as you make them. Storing them in the fridge will cause the ice to melt and it will become watery. Storing it in the freezer will cause it to be a solid block of ice.
Thankfully these are easy to make that you can make them as often as you are craving them.
Looking for some adult drinks to try? Try these!
This blue raspberry slushie combines lemon-lime soda, a few drops of Crystal light, and ice to make a simple treat your kids will be begging for all the time.
- 2 Cups Lemon Lime Soda
- 4 Squirts of Blueberry Raspberry Crystal Light Liquid Drink Mix, or you can also use 1 packet Kool-Aid Blue Raspberry Lemonade Powdered Mix
- 2 Drops Blue Food Coloring
- 3 Cups Crushed Ice
- Pour 2 cups of lemon-lime soda into a blender.
- Add 4 squirts of Blueberry Raspberry Crystal Light Drink Mix.
- Add 2 drops of blue food coloring.
- Add in 3 cups crushed ice.
- Blend until slushie consistency.
- Serve with a straw.
Adapted from Family Fun April 2016 edition
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 0gSugar: 76gProtein: 0g