This Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole is so delicious and could not make more happier. Green Bean Casserole is such a classic comfort dish, it belongs on everyone’s holiday dinner table. I have several friends who mom always made green bean casserole for every holiday dinner.
The Green Bean Casserole is such a nostalgic dish that made its first appearance on dinner tables in the 1950’s. It was first created in 1955 by the Campbell Soup Company. … The inspiration for the dish was “to create a quick and easy recipe around two things most Americans always had on hand in the 1950s: green beans and Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup.”
This Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole would go delicious with our Instant Pot Ham Dinner.
- 8 pcs bacon
- 6 cups fresh green beans trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, 10.5 oz each
- 1 1/2 C French's fried onions
- 1/3 C whole milk
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Dice both the uncooked bacon and onion.
- Prep the inside of your Instant Pot by spraying the inside of the instant pot with nonstick spray.
- Add the bacon and onion to the instant pot.
- Set it to saute'.
- Continue to cook the bacon until it is lightly browned and the onions is translucent.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the milk and soup.
- Add the green beans to the instant pot.
- Slowly pour the milk/ soup combination on top of the green beans.
- Stir the green beans until they are coated with the milk/soup mixture.
- Set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once it has completed cooking quick release.
- Add half of the fried onions to the green bean mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Scoop the green bean casserole into a baking dish.
- Turn your oven to broil on low.
- Sprinkle the remaining of the fried onions on top of the casserole.
- Broil for 5 minutes to brown the crispy onions.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 192 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 244mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 4g