Instant Pot Duo Crisp Crispy Chicken Wings is a great appetizer or weeknight dinner to whip up for your family and friends. A juicy and tender chicken wings that are seasoned to perfection.
If you are a fan of crispy chicken wings, you have to try this Instant Pot Duo recipe. I find that it is SO simple. We no longer order our wings and make them at home for game-day snacking, appetizers for parties, and of course the occasional fun dinner recipe.
Crispy Chicken Wings
Crispy chicken wings are really easy when you have the Instant Pot involved. You can whip up these wings in your one pot. No need to transfer to the oven to give the crispy skin. The air fryer lid will give you the perfect crispy skin on the wings.
What Seasoning Do You Use For Chicken Wings
I wanted a simple recipe, so I reached for Season All. This is like a seasoned salt that will add a nice light flavor to your wings and allow the natural flavors to stand out. You could easily slather them with buffalo sauce if you wanted to heat up the with some spice.
How To Make Crispy Wings
What you will do is add your wings into your pot and add broth. Then cook your wings with the pressure cooker. Then you will want to then add in your butter and season. Close your lid and do the air crisp lid and get that nice crispy skin you want. I share all the instructions below for you to get the exact method below.
Change Up Flavor of Your Crispy Wings
- Garlic Salt with Parsley
- Cayenne for Spice
- Creole or other cajun seasonings
- Salt and Pepper
Can I Adjust Crispy Wing Texture
Yes, once your wings are cooked through you are able to adjust the texture of your wings. Pull them sooner if you don’t want them super crispy, or if you like a crispier wing let them cook an additional 5 minutes or so to reach the desired texture.
How To Serve Crispy Chicken Wings
You can serve with a dipping sauce like buffalo sauce, ranch, blue cheese dressing, or even bbq sauce. Or if you are a naked wing lover, eat them plain. These are fantastic eaten alone but you will also enjoy added flavors to pair next to your wings.
What Is The Difference Between Chicken Wings and Buffalo Wings
The key difference in chicken wings and buffalo wings is the sauce. Buffalo wings have the classic buffalo spiced up sauce that is smothered all over the wings. Chicken wings can be plain, barbeque flavored and more.
How To Store Chicken Wings
You can store any leftover wings you have in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can warm them up in the microwave, or even the oven if you would like. The texture will change slightly, but they are still tasty leftover.
Give my Instant Pie Duo recipe a try and let me know what you think!
- 12-24 Chicken Chicken Wingettes
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth or Water
- Season All
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
- Place metal rack in your pot
- Add broth.
- Place your wingettes on top of the rack
- Close the pressure cooking lid
- Press Pressure (it should automatically set to HIGH pressure). Set time to 8 minutes. Hit START.
- Once wingettes are done, do a quick release. Remove them to a plate. Dump leftover broth or water that is left in your pot.
- Place your wingettes into your air fry basket. (if only cooking 24, you can lay them in the bottom of your pot)
- Pour melted butter over the wings. Mix wingettes gently around to coat well with butter.
- Give a good sprinkle of Season All.
- Close the air fryer lid. Press Air fry, time will automatically be set to 18 min, keep that.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, open your lid and mix the wings around gently, to make sure most parts of your wings are getting crisp. Sprinkle with Season All. close your lid and continue to air crisp for 5-10 min longer depending on your desired crispness.