Craving something different for dinner but don’t have time to spare? Traditional spaghetti pie is the perfect solution! A classic dish that’s been around for decades, it’s a hit in the kitchen and at the dinner table. With minimal effort on your part, it transforms classic spaghetti noodles into a more creative and delicious meal. An irresistible combination of spaghetti pasta, a robust tomato sauce, and a creamy ricotta cheese mix that’s baked in the oven until everything is hot, gooey, and flavorful! Slice it up and serve a little piece of baked spaghetti heaven. In this article, you’ll learn how to make a baked spaghetti pie, tips for making it even tastier, and a few ways to serve the deliciously classic dish. So get ready, it’s time to learn how to make a classic spaghetti pie!
If you enjoy vintage recipes, I have a few more to try. Tuna macaroni salad, impossibly easy cheeseburger pie, and tomato pie.
Why make spaghetti pie you ask? Why not! It is so easy and will give you a whole new spin on a spaghetti dinner. Grab that pie dish and whip up an easy and satisfying carb-filled dinner.
What Is Spaghetti Pie
A spaghetti Pie is spaghetti that is transformed into a sliceable pie. Pasta noodles, cheesy mixture, and of course pasta sauce.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by cooking your pasta as directed on the back of the box. Cook your pasta till al dente. Drain.
Step 2: Mix up your ricotta cheese mixture. You will want it to be a creamy texture. Once done mix with the pasta and pour into a prepared baking dish.
Step 3: Now you will top with spaghetti sauce and then your cheese. Bake as directed in the printable recipe card below.
Can I Add Ground Beef To This Recipe
You are more than welcome to add ground beef to the recipe. Feel free to cook up the ground beef in a skillet till no longer pink. Then mix in with the pasta sauce.
You could also use ground turkey if you would like as well. I loved it meatless but feel free to cook it up however you would prefer.
Can I Replace The Ricotta In Recipe
If you don’t have or care for ricotta you can use cottage cheese. It will offer a similar flavor but a slightly different texture.
How to Freeze Baked Spaghetti
If you plan to freeze this, then assemble as directed, and then do not bake the dish. Cover and place in the freezer. Then when you are ready to eat, cover and heat in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil then finish baking until the top is browned and spaghetti pie is heated through.
I tend to make a double batch and then cook one up for dinner and then freeze one for later. This is a great method to do to stock your freezer. I have a lot to choose from if you need some freezer meal ideas!
What to Serve With This Dish
- Garlic Bread or Breadsticks
- Caprese Salad or Wedge Salad
- Corn or Broccoli
Grab any of your favorite go-to sides for pasta night! Grab some forks and dive into this easy and satisfying vintage pasta recipe.
Check out my YouTube video to follow along with this recipe.
Traditional Spaghetti Pie is a classic dish that transforms dinner with minimal effort on your part. Spaghetti pasta, smothered in sauce and a ricotta cheese mix, and baked in the oven! Slice and serve a little piece of heaven!
- 1/2 Box of Spaghetti (1/2 Pound)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 OZ) Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 Cup Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook spaghetti al dente. Drain & set aside, If it finishes cooking before your cheese mixture is prepared, do not allow it to clump together (I like to intermittently run water over the pasta)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add eggs. Whisk until just beaten.
- Add in ricotta & 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir until well blended.
- Add in spaghetti. Mix well. You want all of your spaghetti coated with cheese mixture.
- Spread pasta evenly onto the bottom of your baking pan.
- Spread spaghetti sauce evenly over the top.
- Sprinkles evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g