Instant Pot Basmati Rice is a no-fail delicious basmati rice recipe that you will want to make again and again. Light, fluffy basmati rice instant pot recipe that is seasoned to perfection. Use as a side dish, top with your favorite protein, or use to meal prep for the week.
Basmati rice is fantastic rice to keep in your cupboard. If you are wanting to say goodbye to the rice cooker and hello to making rice in your Instant Pot, give this recipe a try. I have found that the Instant Pot is a fantastic way to get perfect rice each time, with minimal prep on your end. Easy, tasty, and quick to make.
Instant Pot Basmati Rice
Basmati rice is a long-grain rice that offers a somewhat nutty flavor. It is different than classic white rice, I find it offers more flavor. You can find basmati rice in a lot of Indian-style recipes. But, don’t box it in, give my version of basmati rice a try. I use a sweet onion, chicken broth, and a handful of seasonings to give you a bowl of homemade rice that can’t be beaten on flavor and the soft and fluffy texture.
What Type of Texture Is Basmati Rice
You will find when cooked properly you will get soft and fluffy rice. It won’t be watery or offer a mushy texture. You just need to make sure you follow the directions or you can end up with rice that doesn’t cook properly.
Do You Soak Basmati Rice Before Cooking In Instant Pot
I do soak my rice before I cook it in the Instant Pot. I soak it for around half an hour before I cook. This will help soften the rice up, and rinse off the extra starch so it isn’t super mushy or sticky once you finish cooking it.
I don’t recommend skipping the pre-soak, it truly will transform the way your rice ends up.
Can I Use Vegetable Stock instead of Chicken Stock
Absolutely. If you want a vegetarian option you can for sure use vegetable stock. It will give you a slightly different flavor but it will still make delicious rice.
How Long Do You Cook Rice In The Instant Pot
You will cook basmati rice in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes, and then do a natural release. The natural release takes around 20 minutes, and this is when your rice will finish cooking and become tender and fluffy.
What to Serve With Basmati Rice
Since this is a seasoned rice recipe you can eat it alone or pair it with a main dish. I like to do chicken a lot, maybe a baked recipe. Pair with some pork chops, hamburger, or even a steak. I haven’t found a recipe that I paired with it that my family hasn’t gobbled right up.
Instant Pot rice is truly one of the only ways I make rice anymore. It allows me to have that no-fail rice each and every time. I don’t know about you, but I always failed at making rice on the stove. Now I have a tried and true method that I can add in flavors to give my family an outstanding side dish to pair with our meals.
Instant Pot Basmati Rice is a no-fail delicious basmati rice recipe that you will want to make again and again. Light, fluffy Basmati recipe that is seasoned to perfection. Use as a side dish, top with your favorite protein, or use to meal prep for the week.
- 2 Cups of Basmati Rice
- 2 Cups of chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 bunch of Chives, rinsed, dried, and cut with Kitchen scissors
- 1 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, soak the rice for 1 /2 hour in cold water. Pour the rice into a strainer, pouring off the water it was soaking in, and rinse the rice in cold water for about a minute, removing the starches in the rice.
- Drain the rice, and place it in the Instant Pot liner, and add the chicken broth, butter, garlic salt, pepper, onion, and minced garlic. Stir well, blending all ingredients.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Make sure the pressure valve is set to 'SEALING', and press the manual button, and set the time for 4 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to build and release the pressure automatically.
- When the rice is done, the Instant Pot will go to the 'OFF' setting, but will still release pressure. Let the pot sit and do a natural release NR for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you can release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, and fluff the rice with a fork. Place the rice in a serving dish, top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and Chives, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 1164mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g