This post includes a recipe for alcohol. Drink responsibly. Sparkles to Sprinkles and it’s authors are not responsible for the actions of our readers should they choose to make this recipe and consume it. Please drink responsibly.
Instant Pot Limoncello is the tastiest way to kickstart a summer cookout! Fresh, crisp, and bursting with citrus flavor. Traditional Limoncello is a process but with your Instant Pot it helps speed up the cooking process greatly.
You all know by now the Instant Pot is a huge part of my kitchen. For whipping up our favorite cauliflower side dish, making 4 minute pasta, or even the occasional moonshine! You seriously can’t go wrong!
Learning to make homemade limoncello doesn’t have to be hard! Let me walk you through tips and answer common questions when it comes to making limoncello at home.
What is Limoncello
A sweet and smooth concoction that can be dipped on alone or as an ingredient mixed into a cocktail! You can adjust the sweet and tartness by how you make the recipe. So you can get exactly what you are looking for in terms of flavor.
What Lemons to Use for Limoncello
You are welcome to use regular standard lemons for this recipe. Meyer lemons offer a really vibrant flavor but they aren’t something you got to have.
Also one note if you don’t buy organic, make sure to wash your lemons a lot more. The reason being if any pesticides are left on the lemons you don’t want that in your alcohol.
Best Alcohol to Use for Instant Pot Limoncello
Vodka that is 100 proof is ideal but if you struggle finding it reach for an 80 proof. 80 proof is more affordable but of course less alcohol content.
Is it Safe To Make Instant Pot Limoncello
It is safe to make if you properly follow my recipe precisely. You want to make sure to fully do steps and ensure you read directions thoroughly. The reason I stress this is cooking with alcohol can be dangerous if you are not safe.
How to Store Limoncello
I keep my homemade limoncello in the fridge. I know store bought doesn’t have to be kept in the fridge due to high alcohol content and sugar. I also prefer chilled limoncello so it is simple to just leave in fridge.
Do You Sip or Shot
You want to take sips of this not take shots. It is too strong to really take shots and to sip you get the essence of the lemon which is refreshing.
How to Use Limoncello
- Drink Plain | pour over ice and sip and enjoy.
- Cocktail | make your favorite cocktail drink. Pair with vodka, muddled fruit and mint or use in any other cocktail recipe.
- Dessert | yes you read that right! Make a cheesecake or even pound cake using it or even a mousse! It’s a great base.
When Do You Drink It
Traditionally you would drink this after a meal. But you are welcome to make a glass anytime of day to sip on and feel the refreshing flavors.
What are you waiting for? Grab that Instant Pot and give this recipe a try. It is refreshing, citrusy and the perfect summer alcoholic drink to sip or create a homemade cocktail with!
After you give this recipe a try, give some of my instant pot moonshine recipes.
LOVE lemon? Try my delicious Instant Pot Lemon Dump Cake, you will love it! For another incredible Instant Pot dessert you must try the most delicious of them all, Better than Sex Chocolate Lava Cake.
- 4 organic lemons
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 Pint Mason jars
- Wash your lemons well. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the peel from the lemons. You only want the yellow part, not the white. Cut off any white part sticking to the peels.
- Split the peels between the two mason jars.
- Fill each mason jar 3/4 with Vodka.
- Place the lids on your mason jars but do not tighten fully.
- Pour 1 cup water into your Instant Pot, then place a rubber sling if possible (you jars will be very hot when finished) or trivet (just be careful removing hot mason jars.
- Place your jars onto the trivet.
- Set your pot to manual high pressure for 30 minutes. Do a natural release. (a natural release is very important, you have to be safe when cooking with alcohol.) If you like a nice strong lemon taste, you can opt to pressure cook your jars for a second time.
- Make a simple syrup using 1 1/2 cups of water. & 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Heat the water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until hot, but do not bring to a boil.
- Stir in the sugar: Add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Let the syrup cool to room temperature before using.
- Let your mason jars cool to room temperature.
- Remove lemon peels & discard.
- Pour your sugar syrup into the jars to taste. (I like mine sweeter so I am heavy handed on the simple syrup.)
- Keep your limoncello in the refrigerator for up to 3 months
* Store mason jars of Limoncello in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
This post includes a recipe for alcohol. Drink responsibly. Sparkles to Sprinkles and it's authors are not responsible for the actions of our readers should they choose to make this recipe and consume it. Please drink responsibly.