Cinnamon Roll Cake
When it comes to a tasty treat that everyone can enjoy, few can resist the wonderful smell and delicious taste of a freshly-made cinnamon roll cake. This delectable treat combines all the warm and inviting flavors of a classic cinnamon roll, with a decadent buttery cake, into a single delicious cake that can be enjoyed by everyone. Forget waiting for the dough to rise and slaving away in the kitchen – this cinnamon roll cake packs all your favorite flavors into an incredibly easy-to-make treat that you can enjoy in no time. From a light and fluffy texture to that classic cinnamon-sugar swirl, this delicious cake has it all – and you’ll find out just how easy it is to make this tasty treat in this article. So, let’s get to it and start baking!
Cinnamon Roll Cake
We love cinnamon rolls in our house, but the prep work that goes into them is daunting, that is why we love this cinnamon roll cake.
It has all the ooey-gooey flavors of cinnamon rolls that we love without the proofing of the yeast, the kneading, the double rises, and the prayers that it does rise!
This simple breakfast treat is ready to eat within an hour! And the best thing is, you can easily always have all the ingredients on hand to make it!
If you love cinnamon roll recipes you definitely want to try our cheesecake stuffed Cinnabon cinnamon roll bake or our cinnamon roll apple pie cups. Both are family favorites in our home.
How to make a cinnamon roll cake
Make the cake according to the package instructions.
Pour batter into your baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, & cinnamon.
Drizzle across the batter. Use the back of a knife to swirl the cinnamon mix around the batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 28-33 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.
Stir the powdered sugar, vanilla & milk together.
Pour over the cake, the warmth from the cake will melt the icing a bit, making it pretty easy to smooth over the entire cake.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Be sure to check the doneness of the cake with a toothpick or a knife. If you stick it in the cake and it comes out clean then your cake is done. If there is cake sticking to it, then cook it for a few more minutes and check it again.
- Love the cinnamon mixture? You can easily double the cinnamon mix so you can add more.
- Add nuts. This recipe tastes so good when you add walnuts or pecans. To add nuts to your cinnamon roll cake you will mix them into your cinnamon mixture and then swirl them into the cake.
- You can easily substitute the icing for a cream cheese icing if you prefer.
Store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature. It will last about 3-4 days. You will notice as the days go by that the cake will start to dry out a bit.
Cinnamon roll cake freezes really well. Just let it cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap, then with foil, and place in the freezer. You can expect it to stay fresh for about 3 months. When you are ready to enjoy it, place it in the fridge the day before and let it thaw overnight. Warm it up in the oven and add icing.
This seriously makes the best Christmas morning breakfast!
Can I use a homemade cake recipe?
Yes, if you prefer to use a homemade cake recipe that you love you can substitute it. Make the cake according to the cake recipe and then pour it into the pan. Continue following the recipe above by mixing the cinnamon mix and swirling it into the batter.
Can I make this cake in a bundt pan?
Yes, you can absolutely make this cake in a bundt pan. To do this you will want to grease your pan really well.
Pour half your batter into the pan. Add half the cinnamon mixture and swirl it around. Then add the other half of your cake batter and the remaining topping and swirl. You will need to increase your baking time to about 35 minutes. It is best to check the doneness with a knife since you will want to reach the middle of the cake.
After letting the cake rest, remove it from the pan, place it on a plate, and drizzle generously with the icing. Yum!
For more breakfast favorites, try these recipes!
Cast Iron Skillet Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Roll Cake
Cinnamon Roll Cake is an all-time favorite breakfast (or dessert) treat for anyone who loves cinnamon rolls as it combines all your favorite flavors into a delicious and easy cake that you can enjoy without the fuss of waiting for your dough to rise!
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
- Ingredients called for cake mix, eggs & vegetable oil
- CINNAMON MIX
- 6 TBSP of Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 TBSP Flour
- 1/2 TBSP Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 5 TBSP Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with canola spray.
- Mix the cake mix according to the packages directions.
- Pour into your baking dish.
- In a small bowl. Mix the melted butter, brown sugar, & cinnamon.
- Drizzle across your cake batter.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the cinnamon mix into your cake batter.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar, vanilla & milk together to make the glaze.
- Pour the glaze over the cake.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 690mgCarbohydrates: 98gFiber: 2gSugar: 63gProtein: 4g