Satisfy your cravings this Easter with Cadbury Egg Easter Crack: the most addictive sweet treat for the holiday. Sweet and salty crackers topped with toffee and chocolate and tempered with creamy, smooth Cadbury eggs will have you coming back for more – every time. This decadent easter dessert might just be your new favorite go-to this holiday season. Plus, it only requires four ingredients, so it’s a fuss-free way to make a delicious Easter treat. Not only will it satisfy your sweet tooth, you’ll also be getting a crunchy, savory flavor the whole family will love. Read on to learn how to make this irresistible Easter dessert at home.
Cadbury Eggs Easter Crack
Easter is my favorite holiday of the year. I go all out for Easter. For over 20 years, I have hosted Easter at my house. It is a given that Easter will be here and I just love that.
Everyone is invited and I hope everyone will be here. It usually is a full house. Full of love, laughter, great food, and always some super special Easter treats. Easter crack is sure to be the hit of the day.
I tried Christmas crack for the first time this year and I must admit it was love at first bite. I have made it my own personal mission to create a version for every holiday.
Of course, the taste and recipe are the same, I have just switched up the color chocolate and decorations in honor of Easter and Cadbury Eggs (my all-time favorite candy!!).
I love working with chocolate and consider each piece of bark and crack that I create to be a work of art. Find your inner Picasso and join me in the fun.
These are dipped in LOVE and served from the heart. Anyone that is gifted these delicious treats will know how much they are loved.
Remember if you have an instant pot you can melt chocolate in it very easily. It has quickly become my favorite method for any melting chocolate recipes I come across.
In a microwave-safe container, microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30-second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
Is It Hard to Make Saltine Toffee
No not at all! I share all the instructions below that you will find to be straightforward.
If you are not a huge baker you will appreciate this recipe. It is so easy to whip up and it doesn’t require much.
The hardest part is letting it cool before you dive into eating it.
What If I Don’t Have Cadbury Eggs
If you don’t have any Cadbury Eggs or not a huge fan, you can make this recipe without them. Feel free to add in other candies if you want.
Caramel eggs would be a great replacement or skip the candy.
How to Store Easter Crack
Once the Easter crack has cooled down you will want to break your toffee apart and then store in an airtight bag or container.
You can store this at room temperature for up to a week or possibly a bit longer. Sometimes you will find it begins to go stale.
If it is hotter where you live you might find the chocolate melts if left sitting out. You can then store it in the fridge to try and keep it firmed up.
Watch this video for no fail results:
- 50 Saltine Crackers
- 1 Cup Butter cut into chunks to melt down, 2 sticks
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Chocolate Melts
- Easter inspired sprinkles
- Small Cadbury Eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large cookie try with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray. Line saltines up neatly in rows.
- In a medium sized pot, melt your butter and brown sugar. Once butter is melted down, bring to a boil. Continue to stir the entire time and boil for about 2 minutes. It will look gorgeous and bubbly.
- Pour over the top of the saltines. Gently spread across the saltines.
- Place in oven and bake for about 7 minutes.
- While your crack is in the oven, melt your yellow chocolate melts according to the package directions. *Please see the body of the post. I have included my no fail chocolate melting tips.
- Remove the pan from the oven, use a spatula to move your crackers back tightly together.
- Now sprinkle your chocolate chips over the saltines. Your hot toffee mixture will melt the chips. I put mine back in the oven for a minute to move the process along. Once your chips are melting, spread across the top evenly with a spatula.
- Mix your yellow chocolate into the milk chocolate by pouring it over the top in a decorative way. I also like to use a butter knife tip to help combine the colors to my liking.
- Quickly decorate with sprinkles that tickle your fancy. The melted chocolate will act as your glue.
If you are not using your instant pot as a double boiler.. you can melt you chocolate:
In a microwave-safe container microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.