This meatloaf recipe is tender and juicy topped with a tangy sauce and is packed with delicious flavor. It reminds me of being back home again and is the best meatloaf recipe I have ever made.
Best Meatloaf Recipe
You know those recipes that remind you of your childhood? This meatloaf recipe is one of those recipes. It reminds of growing up and sitting around the table with my family. I love how inexpensive it is to make this hearty meal that is bursting with flavor that the whole family can enjoy together. This seriously is the best meatloaf recipe that is the ultimate comfort meal.
If you are craving another dish that reminds you of home you will want to try this hamburger gravy.
How to make the best meatloaf recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put all of the loaf ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well.
Place either in a loaf pan or shape it into a loaf on a baking pan.
Mix the sauce in a bowl.
Pour over the top of your meatloaf, spreading it evenly
Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Be sure not to overmix your meatloaf. This causes it to be more dense.
- Meatloaf is notorious for sticking to the pan and making it hard to clean. Line your pan with non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- When you shape your meat you want to gently press it down into place so that it holds its shape during the cooking process.
- Let your meat rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Use a leaner meat. I try to use at least an 85% or higher.
You will want to store your leftover meatloaf in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
If you would like to freeze your meatloaf, I highly recommend you freezing it prior to cooking it. Once you prepare your meatloaf according to the directions then you will want to wrap it in plastic and then in foil and freeze. This will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
To defrost, place in the fridge overnight and cook as directed.
What can I serve with my meatloaf?
There are so many options to serve with your meatloaf. Try serving it with
- Side of vegetables
- Mashed potatoes
- A rustic bread
Ready for more hearty meals? Try these!
This meatloaf recipe is tender and juicy topped with a tangy sauce and is packed with delicious flavor. It reminds me of being back home again.
- 1 ½ - 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Slice White Bread,
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire
- 1 Egg
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 4 TBSP Ketchup
- ½ Cup Milk
- 4 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all of the loaf ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Place either in a loaf pan or shape it into a loaf on a baking pan.
- Either spray the pan with canola spray or line with no stick alum foil
- Mix the sauce in a bowl.
- Pour over the top of your meatloaf, spreading it evenly
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
** I have been making this recipe for my family for years and years. It is the recipe that made my husband love meatloaf. While it feels like a recipe passed down by family, it is not, full credit goes to Budget Savy Diva for her incredible meatloaf recipe.