Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer Philly Cheese Steak Pie
This Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer Philly Cheese Steak Pie is going to blow your mind. Layers of tender and juicy steak, peppers, onions, cheese, ready for you to sink your teeth into. A quick and easy meal that is perfect to whip up on those busy weeknights when you want to pull dinner together fast.
I am telling you all, I LOVE my Ninja Foodi. It has done it again with one more incredible dinner my entire family devoured. We love steak, and Philly cheese steak is one of my favorites. I wanted to cut some corners and do a pie, and let me say, the layered cheesesteak was an incredible idea. If you are craving Tex-Mex try this taco pie recipe!
Easy Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer Philly Cheese Steak Pie
I love using the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer because it crisps up the edges of the Philly pie nicely. So you have that tender and juicy center that is piled with cheese, and crispy edges for a nice crunch factor.
What To Pair With Philly Cheesesteak Pie
To be honest when we make this we really don’t pair it with anything. In a way, it is enough of a meal on its own it doesn’t need a side. But you could totally pair it with a green salad, fries, or even chips if you wanted. Or take a lighter route and do a fresh vegetable salad or something like that.
How to Store Leftover Philly Cheese Steak Pie
I place any leftovers in an airtight container and then store in the fridge for up to three days. Anything after that we toss out. This does reheat pretty well, in some areas it might be a bit soggier in texture, but the flavor is honestly spot on still.
Best Way to Reheat Leftover Cheesesteak Pie
To reheat your cheesesteak pie, place on a plate and microwave until warmed through, or toss leftover in a pan that is wrapped in aluminum foil. Heat in the oven until your pie is warmed through then serve.
Toppings For Philly Cheese Steak Pie
Any classic Philly cheese steak toppings work well on this pie recipe as well. From pizza sauce to fresh diced tomatoes, lettuce or even onions. If you want to kick up the heat top with jalapenos, sriracha sauce, or hot sauce. You might even want some mayo for a little saucy effect.
No matter how you serve up this Philly cheese steak recipe you will be over the moon in flavors. Don’t wait, make it today!
- ¾ lb sandwich steak, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella & provolone mix
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 6" flour tortillas fajita
- Spray bottom of spring form pan with cooking spray
- Set Instant pot to sauté function.
- Add olive oil & 2 TBSP butter and let pot heat up to a low sizzle.
- Add sliced sandwich steak. Cook a few minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add in green peppers, onions, & mushrooms. Add in 1 TBSP butter. Cook until vegetables are soft
- Add a tortilla shell to the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Spread a thin layer of Philly cheese steak mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese, covering the Philly cheese steak mixture completely.
- Top with a tortilla shell.
- Repeat steps till your pan is full. I had 3 layers.
- Finally top with a tortilla shell and top with lots of cheese.
- Quickly rinse your pot.
- Place in the bottom of your air fryer or Ninja Foodi (i used a sling to make it easier to remove)
- Cook on air crisp for 5 -6 minutes.
- Kraft makes a shredded cheese mix of mozzarella & provolone. If you can not find this combination, you can use either shredded mozzarella or shredded provolone by itself.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 645 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 898mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 38g