Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is the next best thing since sliced bread. I realize that may sound a bit much but it really is!!! This is just as easy, if not easier to make than boxed mac and cheese. My boys could eat mac and cheese 5 days a week and now I will know they are eating the ingredients I purchased rather than wondering what exactly is that powder made of. My ingredients include whole milk cheeses but you can easily swap it out for low-fat options.
Stock up on shredded cheese the next time it is on sale and this way you can whip up some fresh warm mac and cheese whenever you like. A warm bowl of mac and cheese can do wonders to brighten up a kids day.
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is the next best thing to sliced bread. This is just as easy if not easy to prepare than boxed mac and cheese and you get to control all of the ingredients. It is ready in 4 minutes!!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz shredded colby jack cheese
- Add macaroni, water, butter, and mustard powder, to your instant pot.
- Give a quick stir so that all the ingredients are combined.
- Close lid and seal valve on your Instant Pot.
- Set to high pressure, 4 minutes in manual mode.
- When it's done, do a quick release.
- Set the Instant Pot in warm mode.
- Add in your milk and both of your cheeses.
- Stir and mix until cheese is fully melted and is a creamy sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504 Saturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 416mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 23g