Instant Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken is a dump and go Instant Pot recipe that takes under 30 minutes. Juicy barbecue shredded chicken to pile on a bun or even a bed of rice.
This Instant Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken is my boys new favorite. Which makes it my new favorite too!
Instant Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken
4 Ingredients is all it takes to create this delicious BBQ Shredded Chicken. I love to make a double batch and keep some in the fridge for quick warm snacks on the run. Once you have this for dinner, the kids will be craving more. The leftovers come in very handy.
Ways To Serve BBQ Chicken
The leftovers are delicious on slider buns, in tacos, quesadillas, on top of a salad, in a wrap and on top of crackers. I am pretty sure my boys could come up with at least another half a dozen ideas.
My boys have gotten to the age, they are on the run. I love having something in the fridge that they can quickly warm up and it can be considered dinner if necessary. Depending on what sports season it is, there are some nights it is necessary.
Top your Instant Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken sandwiches with coleslaw. Or for an extra delicious twist on these sandwiches, you can top them with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon. Yummy!!
Serve this with Instant Pot Mac and Cheese and this will be everyone’s favorite meal.
Easy Way To Shred Chicken
Shredding chicken truly is easy. Whether you reach for meat claws or forks you just stick claws in the meat and pull.
This chicken is so tender it will shred in seconds. Or if you own a KitchenAid blender toss it in and start to blend on low and it instantly shreds the chicken.
My all time favorite and easiest method is using a hand mixer. Keep your chicken right in your pot and use your hand mixer to quickly shred your chicken. It works perfectly!
I learned that trick years ago. Saves you from giving your arms an unnecessary work out. This also works on other types of cooked meats you might want shredded.
Does Any Boneless Chicken Work
You bet! Reach for any boneless chicken and you will find it cooks up nicely. Bone in chicken you would have a harder time to remove all the bones.
It is easy to miss smaller bones so I just reach for boneless.
Can I Cook Chicken From Frozen
Yes! The beauty of a pressure cooker is you can cook the chicken from frozen. Since you don’t sear the chicken, just toss in frozen and move to the next step.
The Instant Pot will actually thaw the chicken before it begins to cook. So it will take longer for your pot to actually come to pressure. But you would leave the cooking time the same for frozen chicken breasts or tenderloins.
Can You Freeze Leftover Shredded BBQ Chicken
Absolutely! Just take your cooled down chicken and place in a container that is safe for the freezer or bag.
If you have a vacuum seal system feel free to reach for that. It will extend the shelf life of your pulled chicken.
You can freeze for up to three months. I recommend thawing in the fridge overnight. Or do a slow cook to gently thaw on the stove or even a slow cooker. You might find you need to add a little extra broth or sauce to prevent it from drying out if cooking from frozen.
Craving More Easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Mac and Cheese | Dress up your mac with chicken! The ultimate comfort food is calling your name!
- Crack Chicken | The ultimate tried and true crack chicken that is creamy, cheesy and bursting with flavor.
- Chicken Burrito Bowl | In under twenty minutes you can ring that dinner bell and watch your family come running. Juicy shredded chicken, rice, black beans and more come together to make this one comforting instant pot chicken burrito bowl.
A delicious 4 ingredient meal that is made in 25 minutes. An easy dump and go recipe that is a perfect 101 recipe.
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts tenders or breasts cut into smaller strips
- Season All, or Salt & Pepper or your favorite chicken seasoning
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, your favorite
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Season the chicken breasts.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the pot
- Pour 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on top of the chicken.
- Lock the lid in place.
- Manual HIgh pressure for 10 minutes. (Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button and then the + or - to choose 10 minutes).
- When the cooking cycle has ended, let the pot sit undisturbed for 15 minutes to naturally release the pressure. Then, after 15 minutes, manually release in case there is some pressure left.
- Shred the chicken with either two forks or a blender. (using a blender is so easy!)
- Pour 1/2 BBQ sauce into shredded chicken and stir to combine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 713mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 26g