Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowl
Dress up your Taco Tuesday with this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowl! In under twenty minutes you can ring that dinner bell and watch your family come running. Juicy shredded chicken, rice, black beans and more come together to make this one comforting chicken burrito bowl.
Tex-Mex is something my family loves, and I reach for it a lot because it is so simple! A protein packed dinner that the whole family will eat, even picky eaters. Lay out your favorite toppings and let them pile it on to fit their liking. Easy for you, and I classify this as the perfect weeknight meal I don’t have to do much to get it ready.
20 Minute Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls
Some of my favorite dishes I make in my instant pot are Mexican dishes. I am absolutely loving all of them. One has been more delicious than the other. This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowl found its way directly to my heart. This captures all of the deliciousness of a huge shredded chicken burrito with a little less of the calories and guilt. It is so filling and delicious you will want to make it a few times a week!!
The entire family loved this dish and it made this momma very happy. These are the exact dishes that I love to make during the hectic nights of the school year. I can serve it with a side salad and call it a complete dinner.
Can You Use Leftover Chicken For Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls
Yes! I have had leftover shredded chicken that I batch cooked and tossed in the freezer for later. It worked just as good and it soaks up all the Rotel and taco seasoning to make it extra flavorful.
Just make sure you don’t use a chicken that was previously heavily seasoned. For example, a lemon pepper chicken or something might not blend well with the Tex-Mex seasonings.
Meal Prep Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls
What I like to do with these burrito bowls is take them and put in single serve containers. Then I have lunch for a few times through the week, and I can pack my husband’s lunch as well. If you are a meal prepper these chicken burrito bowls are nice.
Just pile on your toppings on top of the chicken and rice mixture. That way it won’t break down. I just hold off on putting lettuce so it doesn’t wilt. You can eat it cold or warm it up if you prefer. Just keep in mind what toppings you put on if you want to heat up. You can always put your toppings in a separate container to add on once warm.
Pulled Chicken Burrito Bowls
So I have been asked can I use say cauliflower rice in replace of the regular rice. If you go this route you wouldn’t want to cook your cauliflower rice the same as the regular, as it would just disintegrate it. I would recommend cooking your cauli rice on stove or microwave and just stir it in once your done cooking.
Favorite Toppings for Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls
Here are some wonderful toppings to add to your shredded chicken burrito bowls.
- Guacamole or Avocado
- Pico De Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Crunched up tortilla chips
- Hot Sauce
- And Anything else you like!
These are such a tasty weeknight Instant Pot recipe to try. You have a dish that almost anyone will love. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowl is the most delicious Burrito you will ever eat. One pot cooking in your instant pot and it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 can of sweet corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- In the Instant Pot, pour just enough chicken broth to cover the bottom of the pot. Then place the chicken breasts along the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the chicken.
- Pour the corn, black beans, and Rotel into the pot. Try to pour them in different sections of the pot, so everything doesn't pile up in one place.
- Add both the green and red bell peppers, and the onion. Again, spreading them evenly along the top, so they don't pile up too much.
- Add the rice evenly to the pot. Then add the remaining chicken broth. Try to push the rice down so that it's covered by the broth.
- Using your Instant Pot's instructions, pressure cook for 8 minutes. Once it's done cooking, allow it to slowly depressurize for 10 minutes. Then release the sealing valve to vent any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid. Using 2 forks pull the chicken meat apart so it becomes thin enough for a good taco consistency.
- Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients and place the lid back on. Do not turn the Instant Pot on, but let it sit with the lid sealed for at least 5 minutes. This will finish cooking any rice that may have been sitting on the top and not cooked all the way through.
- Enjoy in a bowl by itself, in a soft tortilla, or with tortilla chips. And don't forget your favorite toppings!
Don't forget your favorite toppings!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 384 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 79mg Sodium: 1104mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 5g Protein: 37g