Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is one of the easiest Instant Pot Recipes to date I have made. Juicy and Tex-Mex seasoned chicken that is shredded and able to be used for tacos, enchiladas, or even quesadillas! Salsa chicken instant pot is one of the best beginner instant pot recipes to make. It is a versatile Instant Pot Chicken Recipe and super easy to make.
This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is the perfect first meal for you to prepare in your instant pot. Three ingredients are all you need for this simple dish. It is not short on flavor so be prepared to fall in love.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
This salsa chicken may be my boy’s new favorite. It definitely is one of my new favorites. This is such an easy recipe with just 3 main ingredients, salsa and chicken, and taco seasoning. The chicken is so tender and I was able to shred the meat with two forks. This dish could not be any simpler to whip up, making this a perfect weeknight meal.
Keep reading till you get to the recipe card for the easiest dump and go Instant Pot freezer directions.
Meal Prep Chicken Recipe
You can also prepare this to be used for some easy meal prep. You can use the chicken for tacos, chicken cheese quesadillas, salad and so much more. I like to keep some in the fridge so that my boys can quickly warm some up and make a quick soft taco to eat, rather than grabbing a handful of cookies.
There you have it.. chicken, salsa, and a handful of spices.
If you love this recipe you will definitely love Crack Chicken. Another incredibly simple dish to prepare.
What Is The Best Salsa for Salsa Chicken
Truly you can use any brand you like. The same goes for the heat factor, buy what you normally eat. Mild or Medium seems to work nicely.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken In Instant Pot Recipe
Yes! That’s what I love the most about my Instant Pot. If I forgot to set meat out, oh well toss it in frozen. The Instant Pot will take a bit longer to come to pressure with the frozen chicken.
Why Do You Naturally Release Chicken In Instant Pot
Naturally releasing the chicken will give you super tender and juicy meat. If you quick release the recipe your chicken could have a rubbery texture, you want to give the chicken a chance to reach its prime deliciousness.
Natural releasing chicken will lock in the moisture and finish cooking up juicy chicken.
How Long Can You Store Salsa Chicken In Fridge
You can keep your salsa chicken in the fridge for 3-4 days. Anything after that use your best judgment and toss out what is expired.
Keep reading till you get to the recipe card for the easiest dump and go Slow Cooker freezer directions.
Can You Freeze Salsa Chicken
Yes. I don’t see why you couldn’t freeze this recipe. Place in an airtight bag or freezer-friendly container. Toss in the freezer for up to three months. (Better yet follow my freezer directions on the recipe card for the best freezer friendly preparation.)
When ready to eat thaw in the fridge the night before.
For the perfect side dish with your salsa chicken, try my Instant Pot Chipotle’s cilantro lime rice, it is delicious!
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is one of the easiest Instant Pot Recipes to date I have made. Juicy and Tex-Mex seasoned chicken that is shredded and able to be used for tacos, enchiladas or even quesadillas! A versatile Instant Pot Chicken Recipe.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, skinless/boneless
- 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 16 oz Salsa
- Put 1 cup of salsa in the inner pot (spread it so it is covering the bottom, add a few TBSP's of water if your salsa is very thick). Then add the chicken breasts on top.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Pour the remaining salsa over the chicken, covering it.
- Manual HIgh pressure for 15 minutes. (Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button and then the + or - to choose 15 minutes).
- When the cooking cycle has ended, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure. Then, after 10 minutes, manually release in case there is some pressure left.
- Remove the chicken to a large bowl and shred it, using two forks. Then add it back to the pot.
- Stir to combine the salsa and chicken. Enjoy!
- Take 2 bags of shredded chicken, remove bag from freezer and sit on the counter while preparing dinner. (If in a rush, you can run the bag over warm water to loosen the frozen rice from the Ziploc)
- Put 1/2 cup of salsa in the inner pot (spread it so it is covering the bottom).
- Then add the shredded chicken in to your pot. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Pour the remaining salsa over the chicken, covering it as much as you can.
- Manual High pressure for 3 min. When cooking cycle ends do a quick release.
- Give salsa chicken a good stir. If any of your chicken still seems a bit frozen, put back on PC for 1 or 2 minutes depending on how much more cooking you may need.
- You can also add as much as a additional 8 ounces of Salsa to your chicken. (I found a needed a little extra salsa for 2 bags of shredded chicken.)
- Serve with Instant Pot Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice or Instant Pot White Rice.
*****SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS
Cook on high 4-5 hours, or on low 5-6 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Cholesterol: 72mgSodium: 983mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 25g