This Instant Pot Cajun BBQ Pork is the perfect beginner’s dish. Although I hesitate to call it a beginners dish because the flavor is equal to a dish being served in a five-star restaurant. I like to call it beginner’s because it is a really simple few ingredient recipe. The instant pot can be a bit intimidating to some and I think that is why many people buy their instant pot and then let it sit in the box for months afraid to open it. I hope some of these easier recipes debunk the fear some folks have about their instant pots.
I have another super simple and delicious recipe that is an even better first-time recipe, it literally consists of two ingredients. Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is exactly that, chicken and salsa! Using either of these recipes are the perfect introduction to cooking with your instant pot..they both offer enough simplicity that you can concentrate on getting familiar and comfortable with your instant while cooking an absolutely delicious meal. It is a win-win all the way around.
Delicious EASY Instant Pot Cajun BBQ Pork will quickly become a fan favorite in your house.
- 1-1 ½ lbs. Boneless pork, we used loin
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Slider rolls or tortillas
- Coleslaw, optional
- Cajun seasoning blend
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp each salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all the cajun seasonings with olive oil.
- Add the pork, mix well to evenly coat.
- Set instant pot to saute, when ready add pork and brown about 2 minutes each side.
- Set instant pot to manual high for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork, drain juice, chop pork and add back to instant pot on “keep warm” setting.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and heat until warmed through.
- Serve on rolls or warmed tortillas with coleslaw.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1401mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 39g