You can whip up this steak marinade in minutes, and let me tell you first hand it is the world’s best steak marinade we have ever used. You will make it once and then be hooked on this best steak marinade for life. People will be begging you for the recipe because it is THAT good!
This steak marinade only requires a handful of ingredients, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, and more. These ingredients marry nicely and the longer you let your steak marinate, the more flavor will work in, and offer an even juicier and flavorful steak.
You can use this on all cuts of red meats; prime rib, t-bone, filet mignon, sirloin, flat iron, skirt steaks, etc. You name it, this marinade works. It makes the meat so flavorful and tender, and it melts in your mouth. I also have a delicious pork marinade that will knock your socks off.
The Only Steak Marinade You Will Ever Need
This steak marinade is genuinely the only steak marinade you will ever need. I have tested a ton of marinade recipes over the years, and we always come back to this recipe. We have been using this recipe for years, and it never disappoints us. A mix of savory and a hint of sweet helps give your steaks that perfect crust when you grill it up.
You can marinate as little as 30 minutes, but I like to do at least 3-6 hours for the maximum flavor. But let’s be honest I don’t always have things planned ahead, so a quick marinade is what I have to do. Regardless this steak marinade is one delicious pairing for your steaks.
How Do You Soak Your Marinading Steak
You can place your steak in a bag with the marinade. Then every little bit you can go and grab the bag and massage the meat to really help infuse the marinade into the steak more to give your steak the best chance of those rich flavors soaking in. Or if you want you can use an airtight container.
For anyone curious, I massage my steak about once an hour when I am marinading it.
Tips For Grilling Steak
While this marinade is full of vibrant and savory flavors, you also have to remember grilling your steak properly is equally important. The reason being is if you overcook your steak it will end up dry and chewy.
- Preheat Grill | Always preheat your grill, this will help get the grates hot and when you put the steak on the grill it will offer that sear sound which means success.
- Steak Tip | I always sit my steaks out for at least 15-20 minutes before I plan to place them on the grill. I watched this tip on the Food Network channel years ago, and have done it ever since. This always sets you up for the success of a juicy steak that is cooked nicely.
- Don’t Cut Steak | When checking the done-ness of your steak don’t slice into the steak to see how red or done it is. Use a meat thermometer and check it that way. If you cut the steak it will leak the juice and dry out.
- Rest the Steak | Once your steak is done, lay it on a plate and put aluminum foil over the top. Let it sit for five minutes to allow it to soak in all those juices for a juicy and flavorful steak.
Photo by Skitterphoto from Pexels
How To Know How Done Your Steak Is With Meat Thermometer
Let me share some temperatures to keep in mind and know when your steak is done.
- Rare Steak – 130 degrees
- Medium Rare Steak – 135 degrees
- Medium Steak – 140-143 degrees
- Medium Well Steak – 150 degrees
- Well Done – 160 degrees
My steaks looking all yummy but very lonely.
Here are some great sides to pair with your steak:
You can whip up this world's best steak marinade in minutes, and let me tell you first hand it is the best steak marinade we have ever used.
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TSP ground black pepper
- 1 TSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TSP Onion Powder
- Mix all of your ingredients together. Set aside some marinade to use for dipping after the meat is cooked. Place meat into the marinade and give it as much time as possible to marinade.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g