Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowl is the tastiest dish to serve up for Taco Tuesday. Ground beef, tender rice, piled high with all your favorite fixings!
A beef burrito bowl is a super easy weeknight dinner that is kid friendly and husband approved!
Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowl
I have a chicken burrito bowl that is super popular! I wanted to create something slightly different that my kids would eat.
It is quick, easy and a great Instant Pot Beginners Recipe!
What Toppings to Use For Beef Burrito Bowl
You can pick and choose what you pile on your bowl. Let each person create their perfect bowl.
Here are a few of our favorite toppings.
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Guacamole or avocado
- Diced tomatoes
- Splash of hot sauce
And the goes on and on. Have fun and enjoy.
What Rice To Use For Instant Pot Ground Beef Burrito Bowl
I used Long grain rice boy feel free to swap. If you use something like brown rice you will need to adjust the liquid ratio and cook time as it requires more.
I find white rice taste fantastic next to the beef and it offers a nice starch for my growing boys.
Can I Substitute Ground Beef
Swap the ground beef with turkey or ground chicken in this recipe. Each will work and slightly alter the flavor a bit.
One tip is to ensure you scrape the bottom of your Instant Pot to remove any stuck on meat. This will help you avoid a burn notice as it cooks.
Another tip is if you use ground turkey or ground chicken swap the broth out. Use vegetable or chicken broth. It will taste a lot better.
How to Store Leftover Burrito Bowls
Take your beef and rice mixture and store in the fridge for up to three days. Then when you want some heat it up in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
If you do stovetop make sure if it seems dry to add a little extra liquid like more broth. It will help prevent it from drying out.
I also always leave toppings off until I plate it up. Otherwise it can make mixture go bad quicker.
Can I Double This Instant Pot Burrito Bowl Recipe
If you have a 6 or 8 quart instant pot you can double the recipe no problem! Just watch the max fill line and ensure you don’t go over it!
Craving more Instant Pot Mexican Recipes
- Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn | This makes an incredible side dish. Tender corn loaded with street corn flavors. Off the cob so less messy but just as good.
- Mexican Pasta | This dish has tender pasta with a tex-mex flavor. Such a simple and affordable!
- Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice | A copycat recipe you have to try. This rice is awesome stuffed in burritos, tacos or served on the side.
If you are new to the pressure cooker life don’t be scared. Hop on board and enjoys simple, and wholesome family dinner ideas in a fraction of the time!
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of sweet corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can of Rotel
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cups of long grain rice
- Set Instant pot to sauté function.
- Add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, stirring regularly. Drain grease carefully if there is an excess amount of grease.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the beef/
- Pour the corn, black beans, and Rotel into the pot. Try to pour them in different sections of the pot, so everything doesn't pile up in one place.
- Add both the yellow and red bell peppers. Again, spreading them evenly along the top, so they don't pile up too much.
- Add the rice evenly to the pot. Then add the beef broth. Try to push the rice down so that it's covered by the broth.
- Using your Instant Pot's instructions, pressure cook on LOW for 12 minutes (or if your pot has a rice button, you can use that) Once it's done cooking, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid. Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Enjoy in a bowl by itself, in a soft tortilla, or with tortilla chips. And don't forget your favorite toppings!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 563mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g