One of my very first vegetables I tried in my instant pot was my Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn on the cob recipe. It is was such a huge hit in my household as well as many of yours. Now that summer season is over I wanted to tweak that recipe a little bit to make it a side dish salad versus corn on the cob. This recipe also is terrific to use with frozen corn you have set aside from the summer corn crop. Introducing the new and improved Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn side dish.
I LOVE the authentic ingredients in this recipe which mimic the authentic flavors of real Mexican Street Corn. You should easily be able to find these your supermarket as they are becoming more locally available.
- 4 head corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro diced
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 lime quartered
- ½ cup of crumbled cotija cheese
- Remove husk and silk from corn on the cobb.
- Place trivet in Instant Pot and then place corn on top.
- Pour one cup of water in pot.
- Seal pot and set valve to closed and cook on manual on high for 2 minutes.
- Once done slowly release steam as needed.
- Mix mayo in a bowl with garlic salt and chili powder then brush on corn cobbs, sprinkle with cheese, diced cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 423mg Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2g