Do you want to learn the easiest and tastiest way to make the perfect baked potato? Air fryers are the secret to achieving the perfect combination of crisp potato skin and fluffy potato inside. Air frying is the quickest and most efficient way to make the perfect side dish for any meal. In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about air frying potatoes such as the perfect temperature, cooking time, and the types of potatoes to use.
I will admit we love baked potatoes in the oven, but now that I have tried the air fryer method, I can’t go back. Baking your potato in the air fryer helps shave off a bit of time compared to the oven but gives you that perfect restaurant quality potato.
Air Fryer Baked Potato
Whether you have an air fryer with a basket or an air fryer oven you can make these baked potatoes. The process is easy and you can pile on your favorite toppings to your potatoes.
How Long Do You Cook Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
You will want to cook your baked potatoes anywhere from 30-40 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes. Each size will cook a bit differently. I have found that smaller potatoes will be done around the 30-minute mark while larger ones will take a bit longer.
The best way to know if your potatoes are done is to stick a fork or knife in one and if it goes in and out easily your potatoes are done. If it is still a little hard in the center cook it a bit longer.
What Are The Best Potatoes For Baked Potatoes
Russet potatoes are what I prefer. They have a higher starch content so they become extra fluffy inside while crisping up nicely on the outside.
You can use other types of potatoes, I just find russets are the best.
Best Toppings For Baked Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Chili and Cheese
- Shredded Cheese
- And so much more
Toppings for baked potatoes are endless. Whether you pile on pulled pork or do simply with butter and salt and pepper. These potatoes are the perfect base for whatever you pile on.
Can You Stack Potatoes In The Air Fryer
You do not want to crowd your potatoes in the air fryer. If you do you will find certain areas of the potatoes don’t fully cook up properly. So leave space in between each potato for the perfect process of cooking.
Do You Flip Potatoes While They Cook In Air Fryer
You can check at the halfway mark and see how your potatoes are looking. If you find they are getting a little dark you are more than welcome to take some tongs and flip them over.
It will not hurt them to be rotated during the cooking process. It will help to give the skins a nice even cook on all sides.
Craving more tasty air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Cheesy Meatballs | Here are some juicy and cheese-filled meatballs that are loaded with flavor. This meatball recipe was a huge hit in our home.
- The Best Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings | Whip these up for an easy dinner or appetizer to serve. Pair with your favorite dipping sauce and dive in.
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoons | Skip takeout and make your own crab rangoons at home. This recipe is so easy to make and these are highly addictive.
Give this baked potato recipe a try today. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy the best home-cooked baked potatoes!
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are the ultimate side dish. Crispy potato skin with fluffy potato inside. You will get the perfect baked potato every single time you bake one in the air fryer.
- 2 - 4 russet potatoes (scrubbed & rinsed)
- 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil or melted butter
- 1/2 TSP sea salt
- 1/2 TSP your favorite seasoning (I used a garlic & herb blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prick the potatoes with a fork. Rub the potatoes with either oil or butter.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder & your favorite seasoning.
- Air Fry at 400 degrees, set the time to * 40-50 minutes *(the larger the potato the longer it will take), touch START.
- When the display indicates “Add Food” place potatoes (unwrapped) on a tray. Close the door.
- When time ends carefully remove baked potatoes and serve.
*Time may vary based on size of your potato. Mine were fairly large (weighing 11.5 oz) potatoes vs small.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g