Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings are the ultimate finger food. Whether you serve these up for an easy weeknight dinner or appetizer, they will hit the spot. This air fryer chicken wing recipe is simple and finger-licking good.
I love a crispy chicken wing. I don’t want one that has a soft outer coating, I want it crunchy. For that, you tend to fry your wings, but with your air fryer, it becomes a game-changer. This air fryer version gets the skin on your wings crispy while leaving juicy and flavorful chicken as you bite in!
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
Eat these wings plain or dip in your favorite dipping sauce. Spice it up with some hot wing sauce or go classic with ranch or barbeque sauce. Either method on how you eat these wings will be fantastic.
How Long Does It Take To Air Fry Chicken Wings
I put my air fryer to 400 degrees, then I cooked my wings for 30 minutes. Now, I did rotate the racks through the cooking process, as well as flip the wings, to ensure that I would get even cooking on my wings.
I prefer to use my racks instead of the rotisserie basket. I just prefer this method as it is a more even cook and I get crispier skins.
Can I Double This Wing Air Fryer Recipe
You can make as many wings as you would like. Just cook in batches if your air fryer is not large enough to cook at once. Then as the others are cooking you can place aluminum foil over the cooked ones, to keep them warm. Or toss them in the oven at 200 degrees to keep them nice and warm until you are ready to serve.
What Seasoning To Put On Chicken Wings
For me, I don’t want a ton of heat. So I reach for Season All. It is something that my family loves, and it works great. Then I lay out a ton of sauces and let everyone pick and choose which sauce they want. That way everyone can enjoy their favorite flavors to pair with the wings.
Now, if you want to experiment or use other seasonings on your wings go for it. Just season how you would like and cook as directed below in the recipe card.
Can You Stack Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
Since I use my racks I do not stack my wings. Now, if you are doing the rotisserie method then they could overlap. I find that when you do a single layer of wings, it allows the air to fully circulate around each of the chicken wings, cooking it the best. So that is why I opt for this method.
Where the wings touch you can find that area could be less crispy and sometimes even under cooked if you don’t move your wings around as they cook.
Here are more Air Fryer Recipes To Make
- Air Fryer Chick Fil A Nuggets | Skip the drive thru and make your favorite chicken nuggets right in the air fryer. Crispy batter coated chicken that melts in your mouth.
- The Best Air Fryer Bacon Bombs | Talk about a home run. These are literally the best thing I have ever eaten. A meatball base wrapped in onion then in bacon. Juicy, savory, and loaded with all the flavor you could ever dream of.
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks | Who says steaks have to be cooked on the grill. Let me share my favorite Instant Vortex Air Fryer recipe with you. And I use my favorite marinade.
- 12-24 Chicken Chicken Wingettes
- Season All
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
- Wash & pat the wings dry.
- Place the drip pan in the bottom of the cooking chamber. Using the display panel, touch AIR FRY then adjust the temp to 400 degrees, set the time to 30 minutes, touch START.
- Baste melted butter over the wings.
- Give a good sprinkle of Season All.
- When the display indicates “Add Food” place both racks of wings/wingettes inside. Close the door and turn on the light to watch the top rack that they do not over crisp.
- You want to switch the racks at about the 15 minute mark. Once I moved the racks, I waited about 5 minutes and flipped each wing over to crisp each side evenly.
- My wingettes were perfect after 30 minutes. If you are cooking larger wings you may need an extra 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 863Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 357mgSodium: 472mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 86g