Million dollar chicken casserole is the perfect go-to chicken casserole that your family will fall in love with as it combines chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cheeses that is topped with buttery crackers for a perfect weeknight meal everyone will love.
Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
With busy kids and busy schedules, it is hard to make dinner! That is one of the many reasons I love this million dollar chicken casserole recipe! It is easy to prepare, I can make it ahead of time and it is always a hit in our family!
How to Make Million Dollar Chicken casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, soup, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add the cooked chicken and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and create an even layer.
- In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs and butter until the crackers are well coated in the butter. Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the chicken mixture.
- Bake the casserole for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the crackers are golden brown.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- If you prefer you can half the recipe.
- You can reduce the cream cheese to 4 ounces if you would like.
- Spice up this dish by adding ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper or buffalo sauce to add a little spice.
- Garnish the dish with minced parsley if you prefer.
- You may add bacon to this dish.
- You can use canned chicken or rotisserie chicken or any other type of cooked chicken that you desire.
This will store in the fridge for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can you freeze Million dollar chicken?
Yes! You can freeze million dollar chicken casserole.
Unbaked: You can freeze this prior to baking. Prepare as directed, omitting the topping, and then wrap in plastic and then in foil. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge. Remove plastic and foil and add the topping. Bake as directed.
Baked: Bake the casserole as directed and let it completely cool. Wrap in plastic and then in foil. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to enjoy, thaw overnight in the fridge and warm back up in the oven for about 30 minutes.