Tired of the same old meal ideas? Out of cooking inspiration? Look no further than the Ritz Chicken Casserole. An irresistible combination of comforting flavors and simple pantry ingredients, this casserole dish is sure to take your dinner table to the next level. Packed with cheese, chicken, and other delicious ingredients, this casserole will have your family begging for seconds. With minimal prep work and an easy-to-follow recipe, you can have a warm and comforting dinner ready in just 45 minutes. In this article, we’ll show you how to make the perfect Ritz Chicken Casserole, including tips and tricks to up the flavor and make the casserole dish even more delicious. So if you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner that will please a crowd, the Ritz Chicken Casserole is the answer.
Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
We love casseroles in our house. They are usually inexpensive to make, without sacrificing quality or flavor. Some of our favorites are our Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole, Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, and of course this Ritz chicken casserole.
This chicken casserole is rich creamy and delicious and full of flavor that you and your family will love, I mean who doesn’t love buttered ritz crackers right? If you have yet to make this, now is the time because the prep work is minimal (10 minutes) and you will have your kids begging for more.
How to make Ritz Chicken Casserole
- In a large bowl, add cream of chicken, sour cream and onion powder. Combine well.
- Add in cooked chicken. Mix to combine.
- Pour into your casserole dish.
- Crush your ritz crackers. Pour evenly across the top of your chicken mixture.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until hot & bubbly.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Add cheese. If you want this recipe bursting with even more flavor, add one cup of cheese to your chicken mixture. Yum!
- If you don’t have time to cook chicken, grab a rotisserie chicken from the store and use that, or you can even use canned chicken. If you use canned chicken, just be sure to drain it and rinse it really well prior to adding to the recipe.
- Add vegetables. If you want to make this a complete meal with vegetables included you can easily add vegetables. Grab a frozen bag of mixed veggies or some broccoli and add them to this comfort dish.
You will want to store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I love always having freezer meals on hand, and this chicken casserole with Ritz crackers is a perfect one to freeze. Just make it as directed and then pour it into a freezer-safe dish prior to baking. I love using the disposable pans just in case I end up taking it to a friend who needs a pick me up!
Cook as directed and then let it completely cool. Once cooled, wrap in plastic wrap, and then in foil and place in the freezer. This will last 3-4 months.
Looking for more comfort classics? Try these!
Ritz Chicken Casserole takes your simple pantry ingredients and turns them into a creamy comfort casserole dish that is bursting with flavor.
- 4-5 Cups Cooked Chicken, chopped
- 1 (10.5 oz) Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 TSP Onion Powder
- 1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers
- 1 Stick (8 TBSP) Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with canola spray.
- In a large bowl, add the cream of chicken, sour cream, and onion powder. Combine well.
- Add in cooked chicken. Stir to combine.
- Pour into your casserole dish.
- Crush your ritz crackers. Evenly spread over the top of your chicken mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter across the ritz crackers.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until crackers are starting to brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 816Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 335mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 82g