Air Fryer Cheesy Meatballs are a soft and juicy meatball that is loaded with flavor. Whip these up for dinner or an appetizer to serve guests.
This cheesy meatball recipe is insanely good. I guarantee you can’t eat just one of these homemade meatballs.
Air Fryer Cheesy Meatballs
If you are a fan of meatballs this air fryer meatball recipe will truly shock you. The air fryer is a fantastic way to crisp up the outside of the meatball while keeping the inside nice and juicy.
What Type of Meat Is Best For Meatballs
I used ground beef for this recipe. But you are welcome to do a mix of beef and pork or opt for turkey or ground chicken.
It is all about your personal preference on meat. I find ground beef offers the perfect texture for a juicy meatball.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Meatballs
- Even size | Make sure all your meatballs are the same size. Use a scoop or even a scale. This will help to ensure all your balls are cooked at the same time.
- Space | Ensure that you leave space between each meatball. That way the heat can circulate all around the meatballs.
- Mixing | Make sure to not overmix the meatballs. If you do you will find it can dry them out and make them feel dense and heavy.
Cooking in the air fryer is rather easy to do. It is similar to cooking in an oven but your food can get a nice crispy outside that you don’t always get in the oven.
What To Serve With Cheesy Meatballs in Air Fryer
This meatball recipe is so versatile and you can truly mix and match with your favorite side dishes.
How To Know When Air Fryer Meatballs Are Done
You will want to use a meat thermometer to ensure your meatballs are done. You can also look to see the outside of your meatballs are golden brown. You will also want to look at the center to ensure no more pink is showing in the meatballs.
Dipping Sauce for Cheesy Meatballs
You are more than welcome to eat your meatballs plain, pair with cheese sauce, bbq, or even ranch.
Get creative and reach for any of your favorite sauces or eat these meatballs alone.
Can I Freeze Cheesy Meatballs
Yes you can freeze these meatballs. Simply cook as directed and allow the meatballs to cool. Place meatballs in airtight container or freezer bag and store up to three months.
Then you can reheat from frozen in the oven covered with aluminum foil. Or thaw in fridge the night before and do a quick reheat.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 3/4 Cup Bread Crumbs, plain
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 12-15 Small Cheddar Cheese Cubes
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, milk, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, & garlic powder. Mix together well.
- Form a medium/large sized meatball. Place a piece of cheddar cheese in the middle of your meatball.
- AIR FRY at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 1190mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 40g