I will admit I have a bit of a caesar salad addiction. I seriously can not pass it up. I decided to blend the flavor of a classic caesar salad with a pasta salad. Really what could be better?? The combination is to die for! This will definitely be the show stopper at your next gathering.
If you have a delicious caesar salad jar dressing that you love you can substitute it, rather than making the dressing from scratch.
Be ready for the multiple requests from your family and friends to make this over and over again.
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 TSP Dijon Mustard
- 1 Large clove garlic, pressed or jar minched (just mush a bit more with the back of a spoon)
- 1 TSP anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- THE SALAD
- 1 Box Pasta of your choice, cooked
- 1/2 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Croutons
- 1 Large grilled chicken breast, diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce & Parmesan until creamy and smooth. You can add some pepper to taste if you like.
- Put the pasta and salad into a large bowl. (if you are adding chicken, add it in now as well)
- Pour dressing over the top and mix well.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over.
- Add in the croutons.
- Mix gently to combine.
Adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 813mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 18g