Ninja Foodi Grill Juicy Grilled Chicken Breast are going to be the highlight of your week. Tender and juicy chicken that is flavored to perfection. Serve with any of your favorite side dishes and dinner is ready in no time!
Marinating chicken breast is one of my favorite things to do. With my Ninja Foodi Grill it can be snowing outside and I still can serve up our favorite grilled chicken. Beautiful markings, rich flavor and juicy as can be.
Grilled Chicken Breasts
Brown sugar adds a hint of sweetness to this recipe. Then the garlic, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar all are just perfectly paired together. This is literally the best chicken marinade for grilled chicken. Plus you have to see my pork marinade, and steak marinade I use! You won’t want to miss those either!
How Do You Grill Chicken And Keep It Moist
Marinading your chicken is the key to getting moist and juicy chicken. I know that might sound crazy but it is true. You want to marinade the chicken to really lock in flavor and prevents it from drying as it cooks. This recipe is spot on for both. So take the time and allow your chicken to really marinate in this mixture.
What If My Chicken Breasts Are Extra Thick
Sometimes you find chicken breasts that are rather large in size. Sometimes you find with grilling the chicken overcooks on the outside and can be under cooked in the center. So what I recommend is either cutting the chicken in half, so it is thinner before you marinade. Or you can place in between plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to help flatten the chicken a bit.
That way when you toss on the Ninja Foodi Grill you can get an even cook. Have you ever noticed where chicken is wider in certain spots, by flattening it out you get a more even cook and ensure all the chicken is properly cooked.
What To Pair With Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Pasta Salads
- Cucumber Salad
- Potato Dishes
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower (for a lower carb option)
- Pasta dish sides
- Baked Beans
- Rice dishes
You will find this chicken recipe is highly versatile. So pair with any of your favorite side dishes. Reach for total comfort food or opt for a lighter side if you want a healthier dinner idea.
What Temperature Does Chicken Need To Reach Internally To Be Safe
Cooking chicken is always something you need a meat thermometer for. You will want to place the thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken. Make sure you get it in the chicken so it can truly gauge the temp. Chicken needs to be cooked to 165 degrees. Some people will pull chicken off at 160 degrees and let it sit and then re-check to ensure it rises to 165.
What If I Don’t Have A Ninja Foodi Grill
Make this grilled chicken anytime. Feel free to also toss it on your outside grill if you don’t own a Ninja Foodi. It will work the same. I find that pellet grills and propane are nice since you can control the temperature a bit more than a wood fire. Either way, you can still cook this without a Ninja Foodi Grill.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 TSP Minced Garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix together oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, garlic & salt & pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup for using later when serving.
- If you breasts are super thick and or uneven in thickness, put between saran wrap and beat until even and less thick.
- Poke breasts with a fork creating little pockets for the marinade to soak into.
- Put your breasts into the marinade and let marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Insert removable cooking pot. Insert grill grate into your pot.
- Press grill button, set temperature to MEDIUM, set time to 25 minutes.
- Once "Add Food" flashes, add chicken breasts onto grill, close lid.at 8-10 minutes (depending on how thick) open grill and flip meat, closing grill once again. Cook for another 5 minutes, open the lid and baste the chicken with more marinade.
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes. Start to check the internal temp to make sure you are not starting to over cook. You want to have an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Flip meat one last time and baste one more time. Cook as long as needed until you reach your internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Allow meat to rest 5 minutes before cutting and serving.