These Homemade Peppermint Patties are such a delicious treat that you that you really need to consider making. Up until making this recipe I had no idea how easy to make and how delicious homemade peppermint patties are.
I have a lot of recipes and holiday gift ideas on the blog this holiday season. These homemade peppermint patties are the perfect accompaniment for many of them. One way or another find a reason to make these delicious little goodies and enjoy some yourself.
Having a holiday celebration? Try these Gingerbread Eggnog Cocktail
- 3 and ¾ cup powdered sugar; plus 1 cup for kneading
- 5 tbsp + 1 tsp evaporated milk
- 5 tbsp + 1 tsp corn syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 lb semi sweet chocolate
- Peppermint candy for topping, optional
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, milk, syrup, coconut oil, and extract.
- Once a dough forms, sprinkle 1 cup powdered sugar on a clean counter and place the dough on top.
- Gently knead the dough until all the powdered sugar is gone and the dough is no longer sticky.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours or overnight is best.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to roughly ¼ inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice to cut our circles and place them on parchment.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Let cool for about 3 minutes and then gently dip each patty in the chocolate and remove with a fork, if needed, use a butter knife to help place the patty back on the parchment.
- Top with crushed peppermint if you would like, and leave the chocolate to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.