Serve up these rich and dreamy holiday double chocolate peppermint cookies. Soft, tender double chocolate cookies with a nice crunch of peppermint on top. Whip up these holiday cookies for your next party.
Holiday Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are amazingly delicious. They have a festive color as well. They are soft and moist. I grab a glass of milk and enjoy. These cookies will also be left for Santa this year. They are one of his favorites that we make for him.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
I love the colors that added to these cookies to make them more of a Christmas feel. The kids and I recently made them to for their Christmas Party at school. All the kids loved them. The teachers were even commenting on how neat they looked. Some were commenting that they were too pretty to even eat.
Christmas Cookie Exchange
These cookies are a fantastic Christmas Cookie Exchange recipe. Whip these up and watch your friends gobble them up and beg for the recipe. Chocolate peppermint cookies are always a popular flavor around our home.
Tip for Making Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Make sure to properly measure the dry and wet ingredients. You want to ensure you get the right texture of the batter.
- Use a cookie scoop to get evenly shaped cookies. This will guarantee all your cookies bake evenly and that they finish baking at the same time.
- Allow your cookies to fully cool before you transfer them into a container, to prevent condensation from building on the container.
- If you don’t have candy canes you can use a peppermint candy that you crush and sprinkle on top.
How To Make Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Start by whipping up your chocolate cookie batter. Cream the ingredients and make sure to measure properly. You will follow the directions below on what to add to your cookies. Then bake accordingly. Use a toothpick to stick into the cookie to see if it is done. If your toothpick comes out clean it is cooked through. Remove and place cookies on a cooling rack.
How to Store Peppermint Double Chocolate Cookies
Allow your cookies to fully cool and then transfer to a sealable bag or airtight container. Store on the counter for up to a week. Or you can place it in the fridge if you would like. Either method works great at storing your homemade cookies.
Can You Freeze Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Yes, these peppermint cookies freeze really nicely. Place in a container and make sure to lay the wax paper in between each layer of cookies. Then store for up to three months in the freezer. Thaw on the counter before you plan to serve. They will thaw in about an hour.
I am a huge fan of homemade cookies. With a few steps and a little bit of time, you can truly transform your dessert and wow your family and guests. Whip up these Christmas cookies today, and let me know what you think.
- 3 C flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 1 ½ C packed brown sugar
- 1 C cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 TBSP peppermint extract
- 2 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 C of Ghiradelli white chocolate melting wafers, melted
- 1 C of Ghiradelli milk chocolate melting wafers, melted
- 2 disposable piping bags
- 1/2 C crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Whisk ingredients together. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Slowly add one egg at a time to the butter and sugar mixture, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla beating to incorporate with the butter, sugar, and egg mixture.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, one cup at a time, stirring to combine after each addition.
- Using a ¼ cup, scoop out the cookie dough and place on the lined cookie sheet allowing space for baking between each
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes
- Using a double boiler melt the milk chocolate melting wafers
- Once melted, pour chocolate into a disposable piping
- Cut a small tip off the piping bag and drizzle all over the cookies
- Repeat the steps with the white chocolate
- Once both chocolate have been drizzled, sprinkle crushed candy canes
- Let chocolate completely dry before enjoying!