Buckeyes are similar to peanut butter balls, which are completely covered in chocolate. Named for their resemblance to the nut of the Ohiobuckeye tree, the state tree of Ohio, this candy is particularly popular in Ohio and neighboring states. One thing I know for sure is, they are hugely popular in Old Bridge, NJ! We all LOVE them in my house!!
The gooey peanut butter center in these cookies is to die for. Making this a perfect cookie for any holiday party as it is a crowd pleaser.
delicious peanut butter fudge balls dipped in chocolate
- 12 oz creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 bag of ghiradelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- In a standing mixer, beat peanut butter and butter until creamy and combined. Stir in vanilla. Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop dough into your hands and roll into 1 inch balls and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate melting wafers,
- Using a tooth pick, poke the peanut butter balls in the center and carefully pick it up, using the toothpick, dip the peanut butter balls 3/4 of the way into the chocolate
- Carefully shake off any excess chocolate
- Place onto cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with remaining peanut butter balls
- Once dipped, set aside for chocolate to harden
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 66mg Carbohydrates: 20g Sugar: 19g Protein: 3g