Enjoy these Instant Pot Sticky Asian Ribs any day of the week. Sweet and savory collide in these amazing Asian ribs recipe. Soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, and more come together to bring you a finger-licking rib recipe your family will beg for.
I love me some Asian-style ribs, but I don’t like paying the price to dine out! So with a family of boys, I have to make quite a bit to feed their growing bodies. So I reach for my Instant Pot to cook up these insanely flavorful oriental ribs.
Instant Pot Sticky Asian Ribs
Ribs used to take hours to make, and something I just don’t have time for. So, now with my handy electric pressure cooker, I can now make ribs any day of the week, instead of only the weekends.
What To Serve With Asian Ribs
You are welcome to pair anything with your ribs. If you want a baked bean, rice noodles, soba noodles, fresh salad, basmati rice, or the list goes on. There is no wrong side dish to pick for this pairing. These ribs are outstanding and pair well with almost anything.
Why Make Ribs In The Instant Pot
You can cut down the cooking time tremendously when you cook ribs in the Instant Pot. You pressure cook to tenderize the meat. Then once you get that all handled, you toss your basted ribs in the oven to create a sticky glaze that makes them so rich and savory in flavor. Then lick those fingers and dive in!
You won’t spend all day making these ribs like you would if you did the oven or grill. Plus these Asian ribs are fall off the bone tender, so no chewing tough meat. The pressure cooker does a fantastic job of tenderizing the meat.
Now I am sure you could buy a store-bought Asian inspired sauce to baste your ribs. I have found the sauce recipe I make homemade below really elevates the flavor of these ribs. It will help tenderize the meat but also offers an incredible flavor that will truly make this an award-winning dish.
Tips For Cooking Ribs
- Remove the membrane | This will help you to have a tender and delicious texture. If you leave the membrane on, it will result in a chewy and tough end result.
- Rice Vinegar | Rice vinegar is a must, don’t use distilled or apple cider to replace. Vinegar will help to break down the meat a bit, add incredible flavor and enhance all the other ingredients. Don’t skip this essential ingredient.
- Broil or Grill | After your ribs have cooked placing them to broil or cook in the oven or even on the grill will make the glaze become sticky. This is going to give your ribs flavor but also a fantastic texture.
Be gentle when you remove the ribs from the pressure cooker. They will be tender so you don’t want them to fall off the bone before you get them slathered up to broil!
How to Store Leftover Asian Sticky Ribs
If you have leftovers place them in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to three days. We rarely have leftovers, so when we do it is always a treat the next day!
- 3-3½ lb baby back ribs
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp season all ( or *Chinese Five Spice)
- STICKY SAUCE
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 TSP minced garlic
- 1 TSP fresh grated ginger
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 1 TBSP water
- Cut ribs before cooking, I cut mine into individual pieces, you will want to cut at least, into 3 piece chunks, at min.
- Combine dry rub ingredients and rub all over and allow to marinate as long as possible.
- Place your metal trivet into your pot. Pour in 1 cup of water & 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar into your pot.
- Place ribs on top of the trivet.
- Close the pot and for PC on High setting for 30 minutes.
- While the ribs are cooking, lets make the sticky sauce.
- In a saucepan on the stove, combine all of the ingredients for the sticky sauce except the cornstarch. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 TBSP of water, ,whisk until there are no lumps. Pour into your sauce .
- Continue to whisk sticky sauce while cornstarch mixtures starts to thicken the sauce. Simmer and whisk for a few minutes.
- Do a natural release for 10 min before releasing the remainder of the pressure.
- Remove Ribs and baste the sticky sauce over the ribs
- Place in your broiler for 2-3 minutes on each side. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1844Total Fat: 112gSaturated Fat: 40gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 66gCholesterol: 433mgSodium: 2593mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 1gSugar: 76gProtein: 120g