Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are a crispy coated zucchini slice that is air fried to a crispy panko-crusted side dish or appetizer. These zucchini chips are a great way to use up fresh produce from the farmer’s market or your garden.
Looking for more easy zucchini recipes? Stuffed zucchini boats or my Hasselback Zucchini that is loaded with bacon and cheese. How about Air Fryer Garlic and Parmesan Zucchini Fries, they are seriously delicious.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Serve up these zucchini chips to go with dinner or you can serve as an appetizer to serve a crowd. Dip in ranch dressing or even bbq or thousand island dressing.
How to Make Zucchini Chips
Step 1: Start by slicing your zucchini thin. You can use a mandolin slicer to get even cuts. You want to try and get them evenly sliced so they bake up evenly.
Step 2: You will then whisk up your egg for dipping, and place your panko bread crumbs and parmesan in a plate as well.
Step 3: Now dip your zucchini in the egg, followed by the panko mix. Then lay your zucchini on the rack or basket of your Air Fryer.
Step 4: Air fry as directed in the printable recipe card below. You will flip part way through cooking, so grab the full directions and measurements below.
Dipping Ideas For Zucchini
- Ranch dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Sour Cream
- BBQ Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Nacho Cheese
Honestly you can eat plain or dip. Sometimes we will just salt them and nibble away. Other times we reach for a dipping sauce.
Tips For Making Zucchini Chips In Air Fryer
Spacing | Make sure you leave space between each zucchini chip. The air fryer needs to be able to circulate air all the way around each piece of the zucchini. Otherwise, the areas that touch will remain soggy.
Spritz With Oil | Spritzing the outside of the zucchini chips with oil will help allow your panko crumbs to get golden in color and crisp up better. You can buy oil spritzers if you don’t want to use a cooking spray. Some air fryers can have negative effects to cooking sprays.
Monitor | If you happen to have your slices uneven keep an eye on your chips. They will cook at different times. Also, even if they are evenly sliced all air fryers heat differently so make sure to monitor if you need to pull them out sooner.
Unfortunately like any fried food you will find that your zucchini will taste best fresh and warm. You can store leftovers in the fridge for a couple of days. Then eat cold or warm them up in the microwave.
If you want to try and get a crunchier texture toss back in the air fryer and heat up until warmed through.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are a crispy coated zucchini slice that is air fried to a crispy panko crusted side dish or appetizer. These zucchini chips are a great way to use up fresh produce from the farmer’s market or your garden.
- 1 zucchini medium size, cut into chips
- 1 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil Spray
- Slice zucchini, on the thinner side.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs.
- In another bowl, add the panko bread crumbs & parmesan cheese. Mix to combine.
- Gently dip the zucchini slices into the egg mixture. Than dip into the panko crumb mixture and coat both sides. You can use your fingers to press the panko crumbs down so they stick better.
- Spray your crisper basket or trays with Olive Oil Spray.
- Place zucchini coins in a single layer. Spray the tops of the slices with oil spray. .
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on first side. Flip your zucchini chips carefully. Spray with some more olive oil spray.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until this side is browning nicely.
- Serve immediately.