This Asparagus Tart is so delicious and so easy to make. It consists of simple ingredients including ready-made puff pastry making this a perfect semi-homemade recipe. I love using ready-made ingredients whenever possible. My biggest pleasure of cooking is enjoying it with my family. Using ready-made ingredients whenever possible keep cooking times to a minimum.
I love the taste of the asparagus with the cream cheese and the delicious puff pastry. It becomes a decadent side dish that will impress all of your guests.
Delicious and impressive side dish using semi-homemade ingredients keeping this a stress free gourmet dish.
- 1 package ready-made puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- Butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 12 spears asparagus
- 2-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and coat a baking sheet with butter. Place your thawed puff pastry on the baking sheet.
- Using an electric mixture, beat cream cheese, lemon, and chives on medium until well-combined. Spread onto your puff pastry but leave an inch of the edges.
- Cut the bottoms/ends of your asparagus and place on your cheese-topped puff pastry. Top with EVOO, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Bon appetit!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 603 Saturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 335mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 8g