My Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto with Peas is incredibly creamy and tastes better than ordering from your favorite restaurant. Sharp parmesan, tender peas, onions, garlic, and more come together to make this the best Risotto with peas you can make. The perfect side dish to any main you want.
This Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto With Peas is comfort food at its best. This dish gets the two-pot award. A two-pot award is given to those dishes that I had to immediately wash my pot and make a second batch. This reminds me I need to order an extra inner pot. My boys and I ate bowl after bowl of this risotto. The creamy parmesan with the sweetness of the peas is a match made in heaven.
Easy Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto With Peas
If you have made Risotto you know there is some work that goes into getting that fluffy and light end result. The Instant Pot steps in and takes all the stress out. Because you seal the lid on tight, it allows the pot to pressure and cooks your Arborio rice to the right temperature to give it that fluffy dish.
Easy enough to make but let me say it always is a wonderful side that offers elegance for guests. You will never look back to stovetop Risotto again once you try the Instant Pot route.
Why Use Chicken Stock For Parmesan Risotto
I always reach for stock when I am making my Risotto because it will soak up all the flavor from the stock. You get that brothy goodness in every bite, and it will help make that parmesan meltdown to the ultimate creaminess you desire. You can use vegetable stock if you are wanting a vegetarian recipe.
Is Arborio Rice the Same As White Rice
You will find that arborio rice is the go-to rice for making a really rich and creamy risotto. The reason being is this arborio rice offers a higher starch so as it cooks it breaks down a bit and gives you a creamy texture that you don’t get from other kinds of rice.
What Types Of Rice Can I Use For Risotto
If you can’t find arborio there are other options for you. Reach for Italian short-grain rice. These could be a nano, Baldo, carnaroli, or vialone.
What Does Risotto Taste Like
You will find that risotto is a creamier texture than traditional rice. Like I stated above risotto rice breaks down more and releases starches which give it a more creamy texture. Then paired with the parmesan and chicken stock it is highly flavorful so every bite is bursting with flavor.
As you can see Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto with peas is truly a comfort dish to serve up for dinner this week. Not much work goes into this Instant Pot version. You can also use your Ninja Foodi as well. We make this often in our household, and the kids don’t even mind the peas throughout. It is a great way to sneak that extra veggie into their diet.
Have you ever made Parmesan Risotto with Peas?
Delicious Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto With Peas is such an amazing combination of creamy parmesan and sweet peas. This dish takes 10 minutes from start to finish and is the most amazing comfort food dish.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and finely diced (I use frozen chopped onions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas place in a bowl and let sit on the counter to defrost a bit
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Press the Saute button Add and melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic, cook for 3–5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add rice and cook for an additional minute.
- Add 1 cup broth and stir for 2–3 minutes until it is absorbed by the rice.
- Add remaining 3 cups broth, Lock lid.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 5 minutes.
- When timer beeps, do a quick release.
- Open the lid, you may have a bit excess broth still in your pot that has not fuly absorbed yet, if so, place your pot on saute and continue to cook off the remaining liquid.
- Stir in the Parmesan and peas.
- Close the lid and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 727mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g