This Instant Pot Caramel Apple Dump Cake may be the closest thing to heaven that I have made in my kitchen. Warm, gooey, caramelly and delicious! There is something so special about serving a warm dessert. Scooping delicious vanilla ice cream over the top and eating it quickly before your ice cream melts too much! I have a lot of practice. 🙂
I drizzled extra caramel sauce over my vanilla ice cream which was the perfect added caramel touch. This recipe calls for 1/4 cup of caramel but if you are a true caramel lover, feel free to be a little heavy-handed while pouring.
I have been making dump cakes for years now. Starting with the traditional baked ones and now creating my dump cakes in my instant pot. Dump cakes are the perfect potluck dessert.
I have so many favorite dump cake flavors, it is hard to pick a favorite. My Instant Pot Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake is one of my all time favorites. My Instant Pot Peaches & Cream Dump Cake is pretty darn delicious too!
This Instant Pot Caramel Apple Dump Cake is a huge slice of caramel apple warm gooey heaven.
- 1 Can 21 ounces apple fruit filling or homemade apple pie filling
- 1 Package 15 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1/2 Cup butter cut into thin slices
- 1/4 Cup Caramel Syrup
- Spray a glass bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread apple fruit filling in the bottom.
- Top with caramel syrup and gently mix with apples.
- Top with 3/4 of the dry cake mix. (you will not need the entire bag of cake mix)
- Top with butter in a single layer, trying to cover all areas of cake mix leaving none exposed.
- Place your trivet in your instant pot with one cup of water.
- Place your bowl on the trivet.
- Place your pot on MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 35 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Your toothpick inserted should come out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 596mgCarbohydrates: 57gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g