Tater Tot Casserole is the ultimate classic casserole recipe! Beef and veggies smothered in a creamy mixture and topped with tater tots that get baked to a golden brown. Dish up this tater tot casserole for dinner tonight!
Tater Tot Casserole
There is something so comforting about tater tot casserole. It can take you back to your childhood with one simple bite!
How to Make
Step 1: Start by cooking your ground beef in a skillet on the stove. You will also want to pre-heat Oven and prep the pan.
Step 2: Once your meat is done and grease is drained off, add diced onion and sauté. You want them to soften and become translucent.
Step 3: Add in your remaining ingredients that are featured in the printable recipe card below.
Step 4: Assemble the tater tot casserole and then bake as directed. Once done allow to cool slightly then dive in!
Variations to Recipe
- Meat | Swap out the ground beef for turkey or even pork. It will alter the flavor a bit but still be delicious.
- Veggies | Add in a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, or do green beans, etc. leave out or add in different vegetables.
- Sweet Potato Tots | Instead of a classic potato tater tot reach for a sweet potato tot. Or I have even seen broccoli tots you could use.
- Cheese | Change up they flavor of cheese you use in the recipe. Pepperjack, mozzarella, Etc.
Can I Meal Prep With This Casserole
Tater tot casserole is an incredible freezer meal. Cook and prepare the filling as directed in the recipe card.
Top with frozen tots, then cover in aluminum foil and freeze. When you are ready to cook, remove from freezer and leave it covered. Bake for around 30 minutes, remove foil and finish baking.
So easy, affordable, and minimal ingredients required. I have made this for years and I love how basic it is.
If you have leftovers store in a proper airtight container in the fridge.
Or if you want to freeze put in container and store for 2-3 months.
I find you can reheat in the microwave for a fast reheat. Or opt for the oven if you want your tots to be crunchy. The microwave kind of keeps them soggy.
What to Serve With This Casserole
Casseroles can be a meal in one. Or you can add some veggies to the side, a salad, etc. I will share a few ideas for you to consider when making this recipe.
Honestly any sides will work! Let me know how you like this easy ground beef casserole!
Tater Tot Casserole is the ultimate classic casserole recipe! Beef and veggies smothered in a creamy mixture and topped with tater tots that get baked to golden brown. Dish up this tater tot casserole for dinner tonight!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 (15.25 OZ) Can of Corn, drained or (15 oz) Can of Green Beans
- 1 (10.5 OZ) Can Cream of Chicken Or Cream of Mushroom
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- 2 Cups Frozen Tater Tots
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 inch baking dish with canola spray.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Drain excess grease once browned.
- Add in onion & garlic to the ground beef, cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in Worcestershire and season with salt & pepper.
- Spread ground beef evenly in the bottom of your baking dish.
- Top the ground beef with the cream of chicken.
- Spread the corn evenly over the cream of chicken.
- Next, top with cheese.
- Lay tater tots evenly across the top. Keeping them in even rows works best.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, until tater tots are starting to brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g