Crock Pot Roast is a traditional Sunday meal. This is a classic pot roast that is slowly simmered all day for that juicy tender beef and seasoned vegetables! Making this one really Easy Crock Pot Roast to make.
If you want some different ways to make a beef roast, I got some ideas for you. This Instant Pot 3 Packet Roast is so simple! Here is how to make a rotisserie roast beef, or if you try the Ninja Foodi I have a roast recipe for that as well.
Crock Pot Roast
I whipped this up the other day, and boy was it a treat. Paired with some fresh dinner rolls, a salad, and of course we can’t forget the pineapple dole whip for dessert.
How To Make Crock Pot Roast
Step 1: Start by seasoning with salt and pepper and browning your meat in a skillet on the stove. You want to sear all sides of the roast so that it locks in flavor. Once you get a nice sear, you can move to the next step.
Step 2: Now you will put your roast and vegetables into the crock pot. Add in your beef broth, and place the lid on.
Step 3: Cook your roast for 5-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on high.
What Is The Best Roast
Picking a good roast for a classic roast is important. A chuck roast will give you a nice marble of meat to fat. Look for a chuck roast or even a shoulder roast.
Having that bit of fat on the roast will help to flavor your roast but also keep it moist as it cooks through the day.
Why Is My Pot Roast Tough
Troubleshooting why your pot roast is tough generally leads to an undercooked roast. When you are cooking in a slow cooker, a tough roast means you need a longer cooking time.
What Is the Difference Between a Pot Roast and Roast Beef
The biggest difference from a roast beef and pot roast is the cooking methods. Pot roast is cooked in water or broth. While a roast beef is cooked dry, without a broth to soak in.
Both allow you to have flavorful meat. But roast beef you slice and serve and pot roast you can shred with a fork for how tender it is.
Should Your Roast Be Submerged In Liquid
Your pot roast should be submerged in the liquid in the crock pot. This is going to be what helps to keep your roast tender and help to keep the temperature of the meat where it needs to be.
Make sure to press your meat down into the liquid to ensure it is covered. If you find it is not fully submerged you can add a bit more broth.
Your roast will store for around 3 days in the fridge. If you store it for longer I recommend you use your best judgment in terms of quality.
Just warm up leftovers in the microwave or add a bit of liquid to the meat and heat it up on the skillet on the stove on low heat. If you don’t add some liquid it will dry out your beef.
Crock Pot Roast is a traditional Sunday meal. This is a classic pot roast that is slow simmered all day for that juicy tender beef, and seasoned vegetables! Making this one really Easy Crock Pot Roast to make.
- 4-5 Pounds Chuck Roast
- 2 TBSP Oil of your choice
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 4 Cups Baby Carrots or Chopped Carrots
- 4 Large Potatoes, chopped into chunks or 2 Pounds Small Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 2 Cloves or Garlic Minced
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 TBSP Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- If you can brown with your slow cooker browns, brown all sides of the meat. If not place 2 TBSP of oil in a skillet on the stove. Season your meat with salt, pepper & garlic powder. Brown on all sides (about 4-5 minutes per side)
- Add your potatoes and carrots into your slow cooker. Laying in an even layer on the bottom. Lay your browned meat on top.
- Add in 2 cups of beef broth. Add in the Italian Seasoning.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or LOW 8-10 hours.
- In the last hour, combine the cornstarch and water. Mix well and pour into your broth in your slow cooker. This will start to thicken your broth to make a bit more of a gravy.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 746Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 61g