Air Fryer Hard boiled eggs are easy to make and they peel perfectly for any dish you want to create! Air Frying is the new fail-proof way.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Life doesn’t get any similar to using my Air Fryer to hard boil eggs! Once you try this method you will never use another method for hard boiling eggs again.
I love that I no longer have to wait for the water to boil or my Instant Pot to come to pressure, it is as easy as placing the eggs in the Air Fryer and cooking them to perfection every single time.
This is just another reason why I love my Air Fryer. These eggs will make for the perfect base of these adorable Hello Kitty Easter Eggs or any of your favorite egg dishes!
Will eggs explode in the Air Fryer?
You may have heard rumors that eggs will explode in the Air Fryer, this is not true. When cooked properly eggs will not explode in the Air Fryer.
How to make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 275 degrees.
- Carefully place your eggs on either your trays or in your basket.
- Air fry for 16 minutes.
- Immediately move eggs into an ice bath for 5 minutes.
- Peel & Enjoy!
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- All Air Fryers cook differently. If this is your first time cooking eggs in the Air Fryer I highly recommend doing 1-2 to try it first. Some Air Fryers cook hot while others cook cooler and you will want to find the perfect temperature for your eggs.
- An ice bath is one of the best ways to get a clean peel with a boiled egg since the air fryer doesn’t use water.
- I used a 6-quart air fryer. If you have a smaller one, just use as many eggs as you can that will fit in one layer. Do not change the temperature or time.
- Store bought eggs peel much easier and cleaner than fresh farm eggs. I have yet to find something that truly works with fresh farm eggs.
- The eggs will be very hot when coming out of the air fryer. I tend to let them sit in the air fryer basket for a couple of minutes before handling them. You can also use tongs if you want to get them in the ice bath sooner.
You will want to store your hard-boiled eggs in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I make soft boiled eggs in the Air Fryer?
To create soft boil eggs you will want to reduce the temperature to 250° F and place room temperature eggs in the basket and cook for 8 minutes. Once cooked, place them in an ice bath for 5 minutes.
Want perfectly boiled eggs without dealing with the water, babysitting the stove, etc.? Throw those eggs in the air fryer! Set it and forget it. You’ll have perfectly boiled eggs in minutes.
- 14 Medium-Large Eggs
- Wash and dry your eggs.
- Place them, in one layer, in the bottom of your air fryer.
- Cook at 275 degrees for about 16 minutes.
- Remove and let cool down in an ice bath (if desired) and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g