Crock Pot Applesauce will give you the feels of fall. Tender and delicious homemade applesauce full of rich apple flavor. Crock Pot Applesauce is a set and forget recipe that slow cooks your apples into an incredible flavorful Applesauce.
Crock Pot Applesauce
I have an abundance of apples I am needing to get rid of. I thought what is a better way than Applesauce? The whole family loves it, tasty, and crazy simple to make!
Do You Peel And Core Apples For Applesauce
Yes you will need to peel and core apples for making applesauce. You don’t have to go crazy diving up the apples either. Rough chops will do as it will break down as it cooks.
Benefit Of Making Homemade Applesauce In Slow Cooker
The slow and low setting of the slow cooker will break down the apples nicely. Then it will begin to really infuse the flavors to give you a fantastic flavor. Homemade applesauce he so much more flavor than what you buy in a store.
How Long Does Homemade Applesauce Last
You can store your applesauce in the fridge for 7-10 days. Just place in jars or an airtight container! If I am prepping lunches I use smaller Tupperware containers to make single servings for grab and toss in a lunch box. Saves time when in a hurry.
Different Spices You Can Add To Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Ground Ginger
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- All Spice
Adding in one or more of these spices will indeed transform the flavor. Depending on the time of year will depend what I add.
Can I Double This Slow Cooker Applesauce Recipe
If you have a larger sized slow cooker, go for it. You just want to make sure you don’t overfill. If you have room feel free to make as much applesauce at one time as you would like!
Ways to Serve Crock Pot Applesauce
- Oatmeal | Add a dollop right on top of your oatmeal, to give it that apple pie flavor. We do this a lot for mornings we want something hearty that will stick with us till lunch. Add a splash of cinnamon and enjoy.
- Bake with It | If a recipe calls for applesauce use it, or replace to make healthier versions of your favorite desserts. I love apple flavor so anytime I can add that in whether it a dessert or with pork chops for a savory twist, I go for it.
- Yogurt | Grab a plain or vanilla yogurt and add some on top or even swirl in. Similar to adding jam to your yogurt. Then top with granola, raisins or any other yogurt toppings you enjoy.
If you have an instant pot and would like to try making applesauce in your instant pot, check out my recipe here.
- 8 medium apples (a combination of Gala and Jazz)
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 -3 inch cinnamon stick
- 5 teaspoons light brown sugar (unpacked)
- Peel, core, and slice the apples.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel 1 slice of lemon peel Juice the same lemon.
- Prep the slow cooker with a light coat of cooking spray.
- Add the apples into the slow cooker, Add the cinnamon stick, the lemon peel, fresh lemon juice, and brown sugar. Stir to mix the ingredients;
- Set the crock pot on low. Cook for 6 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- If you prefer a chunky apple sauce transfer to a bowl. Or transfer the mixture to a blender, blending until smooth. Set aside to cool or serve as a warm apple sauce.
- Store leftovers in a lidded container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g